Tab Notes Free
By Catalystwo Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Thank you for using Tab Notes Free.
30,000 users with average 4½ star rating!
Tab Notes Free is a Menu Bar application which keeps your notes tidy and easy to access and your screen uncluttered. Click on your screen edge, then a note pops up!
Watch the demonstration video here ▶ https://vimeo.com/62485482
• Click on your screen's edge to take a note.
• Document file types are conventional RTF (Rich Text) and RTFD (Rich Text with images). Not proprietary format. (This application uses "Comment" property in RTF. )
• Documents folder can be any folder in your home folder.
• Supports versioning. OSX keeps documents' previous versions. (This app does not contain version browser. Please use TextEdit to browse version files.)
• The app has built-in short term backup system. Changes made to notes will be kept for 3 days in the backup folder (you can open it from the preferences). For more comprehensive backup system, we recommend other application.
• Customisable with original themes created in Tab Notes Theme Editor:
* This application is a "menu bar app". The application icon does not appear in "Dock". Instead it appears in main menu bar. You can change preferences from the icon in the main menu bar.
Q. The application does not open. It does't work.
A. This app is a menu bar app. App icon does not appear in Dock. It is designed to serve you discreetly without occupying Dock space. The application icon appears in the right part of the main menu bar at the top of the screen.
Q. Tab did not appear. Where can I add my notes?
A. Just click the screen edge. Please see the video https://vimeo.com/62485482
Q. It would not let me delete the app.
A. Finder does not let you delete an app that is currently running. Quit the app first. To quit the app, choose Quit from this application's menu in the main menu bar at the top of the screen. (Even though this app may be running, while in stand by, its CPU power usage is almost nothing.)
Q. Isn't there any "Preferences" for this app?
A. Yes there are. The menu icon of this app is located in the right part of the main menu bar at the top of the screen. You can choose this app's Preferences here.
Q. How do I change themes or background colour?
A. Press and hold Control key then click a tab. Contextual menu appears. (Depending on device configurations, right-click on mouse or two finger click on track pad may be used.)
Copyright CuteCritters http://www.Tutorial9.net/
Copyright SpoonGraphics http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk
What's New in Version 1.4.3
Fixed the issue of when the background colour of a note is “none”, the title of the note was not clearly visible. We found this after a 1 star review posted by “jodyr”. Thank you.
Didn’t know I needed it until I used it….. Great!!
Well done. Put to use immediately. Very configurable, and hats off to the coders for making the program work as you would expect it to.
Little touches like being able to move the note icons are great. BTW you can have the note stay open until closed, (untick “close automatically”) and the balloon feature is awesome for grabbing the info you need to remember, but don’t need to open.
Only con: I would of loved to support the devs by purchasing the pro version, but it’s crazy overpriced. Thanks for making this version available.
Just what I was looking for...
I only needed/wanted a single note to be close at hand (but out of the way) to keep current tidbits and lists. This is perfect because it stays out of the way, but is easy to access whenever I want it. It also has enough setttings to make it look the way I want it to look—simple, but good-looking, plus adjustable to the size I want. Thank you so much.
Very nice app
full control of where you put the folder to allow easy secure backups/recovery. Nice icon on screen allows it to stay out the way. Kill the stickies app and use this!