Tab - The simple way to split a bill
By bring10, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tab is the simple way to split a bill among friends. Snap a pic of the receipt and tap your items to claim them. Tax and tip are calculated for you. No more back-of-the-napkin algebra or typing in prices by hand!
Here’s how it works:
- Take a picture of your itemized receipt. Tab automatically detects all the items and prices.
- Select which items each person ordered. Everyone that has Tab on their phone can join onto the bill and select their own items - the app keeps everything synced in real-time.
- Multiple people can select the same item if they shared it.
- Tax and tip are automatically divided proportionally.
- If it's someone's birthday, you can split their total evenly among everyone else.
- Settle up within your group using integrated Venmo or by recording a cash payment.
What's New in Version 2.12
- Now you can see breakdowns of your past bills and send email summaries to yourself or your friends.
- If you want to do your bill splitting away from the dinner table, you can now upload receipt images from your Camera Roll.
- Other small bug fixes and improvements.
Went to dinner with a group of 13 women. This is a regular event and when the bill comes it is always a huge pain. Amazing how bad some people are at math when it comes to paying their share :). Tab scanned the bill, separated multiple items, figured out tax and tip perfectly! It will even divide an item for like shared appetizers. Moving it to my Fav folder.
Favorite New App!
It's near-perfect already for such a young app! Has replaced all my spreadsheets for when I pay the bill amongst a big group and then need to split it. Finally solves the problem of the people who guess how much they should add for tax and tip and you end up getting shorted. Excellent app!
OCR Not reliable
I was at dinner with a large group who were willing to give this app a try. I went to the app to take a pic and have it recognize. I have a brand new phone with a nice camera and the check was clean flat and clear. No matter how many times I tried to take a pic of it I always got no items found. Very disappointing. Could be a problem on the server side but this should "just work"!