By OXON AG
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Our timer is the perfect companion for your next intensive workout. It’s the successor of our successfull tabata timer app!
We included a bunch of new features for you:
- complete rewritten version that supports the high resolution screen of your iPhone.
- You are now able to change the interval type. We provided +5 intensive interval presets for you
- three different tone sets (voice and two other options)
- choose the color, you like
- visualization of the intervals with three nice graphics designs
- the app does not sleep/lock while in use
- you are able to hear your itunes music in the background
High intensive interval training (HIIT) is one of the most effective training principle today. It combines two of best known training methods in one time-efficient way:
the first ist high-intensity training, that pushes to get a maximum effort to achieve muscle fatigue and to consume maximum oxygen in a quick burst. this is measured to one’s VO2 max, which is the highest amount of oxygen, your body consumes during exercise. Working close to your VO2 max triggers the afterburn effect, where the body continues to consume more oxygen up to 48 hours after the workout.
the second is interval training, which alternates periods of intensive effort with periodes of short breaks / low-intensity effort. This boost metabolism significantly longer than a steady workout of equal or greater length.
What's New in Version 2.05
Thank you for your valuable feedback! This version contains the missing countdown at the beginning as well as the possiblity to completly remove the audio (just toggle with the speaker-button at the bottom of the screen.)
Love the new update
I really like variations they added. The ascending and descending intervals are just the thing I needed to get out of my tabata rut. It's challenging but not impossible. I like the sound variations, and it's almost too loud, but nothing my volume toggle can't handle. I like the visualizer too: great when you're doing tabata plank and you need something to distract you!
This was my favorite app for years. Now it is terrible:
- Default sounds are not the original loud beeps but instead are voice prompts that aren't loud enough to hear over music
- Settings (like changing the voice to beeps) are not saved upon exiting
- Visually hard to see round numbers during rest (the time you actually want to see them) because they become greyed out
- The "fixed" countdown timer at the start confusingly beeps 2 times low and 2 times high (seems like a quickly thrown in fix)
An upscale of the original would have been perfect. I have deleted this app in favor of another simpler one.
It was awesome, now I hate it
Why change a good thing?? I used this app daily with clients- and now I'm deleting it. The sounds are horrible and distorted, and make the tabatas barely tolerable. Let me know if you ever go back to the original version-- I'll be using something else in the meantime.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Aug 28, 2015
- Version: 2.05
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: OXON AG
- © (c) 2010 by fit-your-body.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.