Table it! is a comprehensive application developed especially for individuals with autism and other special needs.
This unique application enables them to easily organize their worlds of knowledge, improve their cognitive skills, and support their ability to express themselves.
***THIS FULL VERSION IS ALSO SUITABLE FOR SCHOOLS USING THE VOLUME PURCHASE PROGRAM.***
Table it! Invites individuals with special needs such as ADD, ADHD, Autism, Asperger and other disabilities to organize their knowledge by representing it in a table structure, with a unique user friendly educational tool for creating tables.
Table it! was developed by a multidisciplinary team, specializing in the design of applications and content development for children with special needs. The team works in collaboration with teachers, parents, speech therapists, behavior analysts, occupational therapists (OTs), and academics.
** The importance of using tables for special needs individuals – a pedagogical-developmental perspective:
Individuals with cognitive, developmental and communication disabilities have difficulties in organizing their knowledge, generalizing experiences and sharing it with others. Table it! offers an improvement in their abilities in these areas.
Working with tables promotes a number of significant capabilities at the same time:
* Organizing and generalizing knowledge: The table structure provides a frame that supports organizing the student's knowledge and personal experiences.
* Presentation of knowledge: The table provides the student with a direction and a structure for sorting and presenting his knowledge, while enabling active, independent work.
* The use of multisensory literacy channels – text, pictures, video clips, and sounds – enables each student to present his knowledge in his preferred medium.
* Expansion of knowledge: The search for different kinds of content in order to fill the cells invites the individual to expand his knowledge and leads to a better comprehension of the concepts.
* Executive functions: Working with a table invites the individual to experience planning his knowledge.
The benefits of using Table it!:
• Encouraging self-expression: The tables encourage the individual to present his or her experiences and knowledge in a structured environment.
• Improving cognitive abilities: Enables the practice of cognitive skills such as executive functions, conceptualization, generalization, and organization of knowledge.
• Learning with all senses: Knowledge can be presented in text, images, sounds, or a combination of them, which enables each individual to express himself in his preferred or strongest medium and gives him a sense of control.
• Personal customization: The tool is open and therefore enables full customization of content for each and every individual.
• Diverse content: A large variety of examples from various life situations, suitable for different levels and different fields of interest.
• Enjoyable learning: The user interface is adapted to special needs individuals, uncluttered by distracting details, with a user-friendly design.
• Promoting independence: Preparing tables adjusted to the individual’s level enables the individual’s independent work.
• Structuring and providing a framework: The table provides a framework in which the individual can organize his personal knowledge and experiences.
• Cooperative learning is enabled by supporting table sharing on iPads, which enables joint work in a group or classroom.
• Accessibility: the application interface is adapted and accessible for special needs individuals with a broad spectrum of disabilities and levels of functioning.
The design is adapted for kids, teenagers and adults.
** Visit our website www.snapps.cet.ac.il
*** Do you have any questions? We’re here to answer them. Email us at Snapps@cet.ac.il
- Bug fixes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.