Tactical Navigator (“TacNav”) is a mobile application tool for communications, operations, and outdoor planning--perfect for any military or outdoor enthusiast! Whether you want to save a training location or your best fishing spot, this app is for you.
Tactical Navigator comes with the following features:
Basic App Features
• Day of Year & UTC Time always visible
• Add many locations to the map at the same time
• Coordinate systems: Degrees, DM.m, DMS, MGRS, and UTM
• Search by address or any coordinate format
• Current weather conditions and temperature
• Local and Military time
• Choice of Metric or Imperial measurement values
Enhanced Map Actions
• Distance & Direction
• ETA to a location
• Calculate a Satellite Look Angle
• Calculate an offset coordinate given distance & direction
• Trace a path
• Routes (great for land navigation)
• Calculate Area
• Add a radius around a location
Other Great Features
• Use MIL-STD-2525C symbology to change your location's icon
• Save notes to your saved locations
• Open Turn-by-Turn apps for driving directions with 3rd party apps (Apple Maps, Google Maps™, and Waze)
• Universal application for use on iPhone or iPad
• iCloud integration to sync across your devices and auto-backup your data
• Angle of Device (ex. to assist positioning a ground satellite)
• Share your data with other TacNav users via encrypted AirDrop™ or email
• Export your data to KML
Thank you for your support and using TacNav.
US Army Major Kevin Militello - Owner & Developer
• Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
• TacNav is not endorsed by any government agency
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! Please add support for custom overlays!
I’ve been using this app weekly since it first came out and it’s still best in class after all this time! I definitely recommend this app for anyone needing to plot points with MGRS coordinates and elevation data.
The only thing I find lacking is the ability to draw custom line/polygon overlays on top of the map to delineate airspace or other area boundaries (something similar to the routes feature, but with the waypoint markers hidden and locked so they can’t be accidentally moved).
Please keep up the great work!
The only MGRS app
The only app to use if you need to convert to MGRS.
I actually use apps like this in the field and test their accuracy for ranging targets for precision engagements on tactical operations in the law enforcement arena. I look for map ruler features to range targets based on GPS locks. It's never perfect but it has been getting better for operational applications. Yes milling with a mildot master is great, but I like having several options. This app has become my new range buddy (with the pin dropping feature that provides distance) so I can test it out and so far I'm pleased with it. Odds are I won't take my phone out for navigation unless I want to check my routes in a RON to transfer to my map, but this app no doubt simplifies it. So far the only changes I'd like to see is to trash the digi homescreen background or switch to a multicam - or provide optional camo for fun. Also the light button would be awesome if it activated the iPhone 4's LED. I'll be testing the app more, but I definitely recommend it.
- Orange Clover LLC
- 90.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2018 Orange Clover LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.