Tactilis Slate is a simple, yet powerful app designed exclusively for drawing. Whether you need to draw a quick sketch, a diagram, a refined pencil drawing, or a pastel, Tactilis is perfect for the job. The app is inspired by a traditional drawing technique called "Aux Trois Crayons" (with three pencils).
Unlike most apps, that are made for painting, Tactilis, focuses on drawing and shading. It limits, the palette to three colors but also gives more power and flexibility that is unseen in traditional paper based drawing, or modern apps. You are free to change the palette at anytime during your drawing process, and your entire drawing is transformed into new colours with a few taps. This lets you draw first and make color decisions later, a reversal, that makes more sense to drawing.
In addition, Tactilis has the following unique features
1. You can independently draw and erase a single color without affecting other colors, and without the need to create and switch between different layers.
2. You can partially, or fully hide one color. This helps you turn your rough sketch (done in different color) on and off while you finish your final drawing in different color.
3. Tactilis treats erasing with same power and precision as drawing. You can precisely add and subtract pigments from your rendered drawing without losing the texture while erasing.
4. With the use of Apple pencil, you can draw uniform, even shades like a traditional pencil. This is because, unlike most drawing apps, tactilis does not increase the shade due to multiple overlapping strokes, but instead depends solely on the selected normal shade and the pressure of your pencil.
5. Tactilis uses a more intuitive Munsell color system, which divides color range into perceptually uniform steps of hue, value and chroma. This means you can pick or alter colors based on what is familiar to "your eyes", rather than what computer thinks are uniform steps of red, green and blue.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.