Tag is an elegant metadata editor for all of your music.
Tag supports editing of FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Opus, DSF, Musepack, WavPack, Monkey's Audio, Speex, True Audio, Apple Lossless, AAC, MP3, WAV, and AIFF files. The intuitive interface simplifies common editing tasks and also allows more advanced changes including editing multiple album artwork images.
For files with incomplete or missing metadata Tag can guess tag values by matching the filename to a user-defined pattern. Tag can also search Discogs to flesh out any missing metadata, and Tag can even identify and tag unknown files using AcoustID.
- macOS Mojave compatibility
Ratings and Reviews
I think this is a must have tool if you might need to edit music tags.
As basically a Windows guy who purchased my MAC mainly for hi-res music playback, I find myself missing a MAC version of the program dbpoweramp. Between Pure Music and iTunes, I find I have enough music file conversion utility but for getting the last music file details (Doors; Door,The; The Doors; etc.) correct for consistent showing and grouping in iTunes, I need a tag editor. iTunes does a fine job but not with FLAC and some other formats, and the file must be imported into iTunes (first) in order to edit the tags. This program is the best for music tag editing (in the MAC world) I have thus far found. And, it works!
Does what it is supposed to do.
I am running an iterate radio. One of the things that we need to do is to make sure that the songs that we play are taged correctly. I have bought several programs that said that they did this. So Far this is the only one that has worked for me every time. I am very happy with the purchase of this program. Because of what else I have bought to do this I can tell you unequivocally that this program is cheap in comparison and it does what it is supposed to. There are plenty of times that using iTunes to edit tags for what we do is simply not feasible. I wish I had bought this long ago.
I needed to edit the tag data for some OGG files I had and this did a superb job. I did experience a few issues, however.
- Very fast loading time.
- User interface is perfect for simple editing.
- There is no path for support. The website doesn't include an email or way to contact the author (other than via Twitter). This is unfortunate as I would have sent this feedback directly to the author instead of posting it here.
- Saving a file appears to have corrupted it. Luckily, I had a backup of the file or I would have been very frustrated. After I saved the file I was unable to open it again in Tag (the OGG format was not detected). Editing the same file again in the same way didn't corrupt it.
- This program should provide the option to backup files prior to saving them (for multiple saves) in order to restore possible corruption.
- When editing a field, you need to lose focus on the field before the "change" is detected. This is annoying when opening a file to make a quick fix.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.