Take Creative Vocal Recorder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sing, hum, rap, strum. Capture your musical ideas—anytime, anywhere. Share and collaborate with friends, or with the world.
Take is the creative vocal recorder, wired for instant collaboration. With a single tap you’ll be recording, beatboxing, overdubbing, riffing, writing and trying out song ideas on your own or with a global community of creative music makers.
Allihoopa is the online home for social music making. Find beats, vocals or hooks that inspire you. Share your musical ideas and see where other music makers will take them.
• Sign up in Take and join the music making
• Find music on Allihoopa to inspire you
• Follow other Allihoopa users
• Share, like and comment on the music at Allihoopa
• Tune your voice - stay in tune or go full-on robot voice with Take’s Voice Tune effect.
• Sing on your Figure songs! Import songs that have been shared from Figure and add vocals in Take.
• Feel the groove. Stay on the beat. Keep in time.
Inspiring built-in clicks, loops and beats to kick start your creativity. Add more beats for free from Allihoopa.
• Add new parts, double them up, create harmonies, sketch out the song.
Three tracks to build your tune and flesh out your ideas.
• Surprise yourself with how good you sound. Your phone’s built-in mic sounds great, so you will too!
• Polish your tracks with built-in effects, mastering and more.
• Share on Allihoopa, Facebook, Twitter, email.
Designed by Allihoopa—makers of Figure, Apple App of the Year 2012—Take is a creative recorder for musicians. It’s got the same drop-dead simplicity you’ve come to expect from your voice memos, with features custom-tailored to vocalists’ needs—like the ability to record harmonies along with your voice, blend in effects to sweeten the sound and sing along to an array of musical metronomes, beats and rhythms. Take will soon become your go-to sketchpad for musical ideas.
Beyond just a sketchpad, Take is also your portal to the Allihoopa music collaboration and sharing service. Share your creations and let others develop or remix them, or find inspiring community-made music to sing to.
Note: Take is optimized for the built-in microphone on your iOS device. Wear headphones to hear your backing tracks. Best results come from using headphones (the ones without an integrated microphone) and recording into your iPhone/iPod/iPad mic directly.
* Works on iPhone 4S or higher, not recommended for iPhone 4
What's New in Version 3.1
- Set the key for Voice Tune. We've heard form many of you that it's been missed. It's back, in a slightly new, much better way. Tap Voice Tune on the Mix tab to find it!
- New effects patches. Sound huge with Gigantic. Be rougher with Dist Deluxe. Make your guitars sound big and warm with Bigstrument and Acoustic. And more.
I use it frequently but...
The app tends to crash when the app opens. Also, this app needs to have a feature that I could choose the beat not created by the other users. Instead, I prefer using beats created by the app itself and it the list should be provided already instead of downloading it. Next, I hate the fact that I can't change a tempo after I start creating a new song. It's really annoying.
Just one more feature will make 5 stars
You'll get a proper 5 stars from me if we can manage using Notes to write/read while listening and recording. Other than that, brilliant
Second 4 review:
I'm a Reason User, and with the beta service for sharing Amongst Reason, Take & Firgure, my only complaint is solved, and then some. Awesome
First 3 star Review:
If I could just use my own backing track, I would be in heaven. Idc about sharing so much, but do care about working on my own actually music. Or, just give me a 4th track to record with. Other than that, this is brilliant.
Pretty cool but so confusing! I develop apps for a living and I can't figure this thing out.
Main functionality is awesome. Now for my problems:
1. Can't change tempo after creation!?
2. Where are the settings/tutorials? A pop up said I could get them but then I couldn't find the settings.
3. Integration w the alihoopa social thing is buggy and annoying. I don't need that.
4. How do I delete a song!?
As a musician I like to use this to test out harmonies real quick, so maybe my use case is a little different, but I want more flexibility on the tempo and a "solo" button for mixing. And maybe a few more tracks would be sweet.
Thanks for making this!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 30, 2017
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 89.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Allihoopa AB
- © 2016 Allihoopa AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.