Don’t wait for your next Flight Review or IPC to get current - keep your flying skills sharp and stay up to date on the latest aviation trends with Sporty's all-new Takeoff app.
This fun and easy-to-use app delivers fresh aviation content to your iPad or iPhone every day, and allows you to customize topics to match your preferences.
Get notified when new content is available, based on your flying skills and preferences; it's perfect for new student pilots and experienced IFR pros alike.
Articles and videos are just the right length for on-the-go pilots, so you can get your aviation fix wherever you are.
* Engaging video tips for pilots of all levels
* Fun and educational articles by active pilots
* Popular aviation podcasts
* Breaking aviation news and opinion
* Stunning photos and downloadable wallpaper
* Interactive quizzes
More than just a way to organize content, Takeoff offers a curated selection of aviation videos, articles and pictures for the active pilot. You'll learn from some of the best aviators and flight instructors in the world.
* Jason Miller from The Finer Points of Flying shares exclusive tips for safer flying
* Meteorologist Scott Dimmich goes beyond the basics in Weather Geek segments
* Patrick Carter has also been a Cessna factory test pilot and is currently an Alaska bush pilot and provides insight to Takeoff users from all those perspectives in his captivating videos.
* Matt Guthmiller is the youngest pilot to fly around the world solo and shares exclusive video tips on flying technique.
* Rob Reider offers dozens of flight training tips, from steep turns to crosswind landings
* Steve Thorne, aka Flight Chops, is likely the most popular YouTube pilot right now. He flies interesting airplanes and shares the lessons learned on his VLOG (video blog) which we will share on the Takeoff app.
* Exclusive flight training articles from Sporty's team of flight instructors
* Legendary perspective from former Flying editor Richard Collins
* ATP Amy Laboda writes articles on the pain and pleasure of aircraft ownership.
* Real world tricks and emerging trends from Air Facts editor John Zimmerman
* iPad insight and shortcuts from iPad Pilot News editor Bret Koebbe
* Former FLYING editor and EAA columnist Mac McClellan shares his practical tips on cross-country flying.
* Free video tips from the AOPA Air Safety Institute
* YouTube stars share the fun side of flying
Upgrade to Takeoff Pro for the ultimate experience:
- exclusive content only available for Takeoff Pro subscribers
- original feature articles
- exclusive in-depth pilot training and proficiency videos
- ad-free environment
- learn from aviation's top experts
Takeoff Pro Subscriptions:
- monthly recurring fee of $9.99
- annual recurring fee of $59.99
You can also try Takeoff Pro free for 30 days with the Free Trial option in the app.
Access Takeoff Pro for $9.99 per month or $59.99 annually. You will be automatically billed $9.99 through iTunes every 30 days or $59.99 every 365 days until you cancel your subscription. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. You subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the App Store Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
Takeoff App Terms of Service: https://sportys-takeoff.s3.amazonaws.com/tnc/terms_of_service.html
Ratings and Reviews
Pay zero attention to the nay-sayers: this is a ”digital periodical“, and the content is designed to keep aviators - at every echelon - engaged and literate. I've been in this business for over 40 years, and as an ATP with all the ”bells and whistles“, I'd think twice before ”turning your nose up“ to proficiency related materials.
Besides, the cost of the annual subscription is far less than that airport hamburger that your waistline says you didn't need anyway ... 🧐🙄🤔
Free trial was helpful
I decided to continue my pro subscription after the trial expired. Pro content includes a wide range of aviation related articles and the training videos are high quality. I’ve learned more than $5 a month worth of flying knowledge so I’d say it’s a good deal.
Happy with it
Good stuff, really like the variety of content and that it’s all about flying. No clutter, just Aviation
- Sporty's Pilot Shop
- 56.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018, Sportsman's Market, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Pro With Free Trial $9.99
- Annual Pro With Free Trial $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.