Tales of the Adventure Company
By Eric Farraro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Join the Adventure Company on their dangerous quest to obtain riches and glory! You'll battle terrifying liches, horrific slimes and even the gods!
* Unique blend of RPG, puzzle, and roguelike elements
* Fight dangerous monsters and save brave heroes across five unique episodes, including graveyards, forests, icy wastelands, and more
* Over 25 unique monsters, each with different abilities
* More than 10 unique heroes, allowing you to build your Adventure Company as you see fit
* Leaderboards for each episode
* Variety of achievements and heroes/abilities to unlock
* Optimized to play in one hand/portrait mode, so you can play on the go. No need to fumble around with your phone's orientation
* No hidden freemium/timers/IAP content - your purchase is a full, complete game, just like the old days
(Based on my the prototype 'Adventuring Company', winner of the "Trials of Oryx" roguelike competition)
What's New in Version 1.1
- Added Episode VI! Journey into the sea to defeat the mighty Kraken!
- Added potions to discover and bolster your heroes
- 已添加简体中文 (Added Chinese language support)
- 日本語を追加 (Added Japanese language support)
- 한국어 추가 (Added Korean language support)
Fantastic, strategic game
I love turn-based strategy games, and this game is a great addition to the genre. It’s got a pleasant style, easy-to-use controls, and (best of all) plenty of opportunities for strategy. You control up to four characters as you explore a 5-by-5 grid riddled with a couple of enemy types. Each of your characters has unique skills, and you can choose different characters to lead and/or attack. And that’s where the strategy comes into play. When certain characters lead you get certain bonuses (say, a creature discovered suffers some damage automatically). And when certain characters fight you also get certain bonuses (say, if they die in combat all of your other characters get a +5 to their health). It’s all about choosing who’s leading and who’s fighting wisely, and reaping the benefits at the right time. Love it!
Short but good fun
This game is simple but fun, and also a little on the short side. Reveal enemies as well as allies by tapping tiles and then attack them by hitting a button. Each enemy has a special ability as well as each ally. There is actually quite a bit of strategy to the game. My suggestions to improve the game are as follows: 1) Add more episodes 2) when on the tile screen, you don't need the pop up message asking if the player is sure he wants to make the selected character to be the leader 3) there is a glitch where a certain screen (can't remember which one) pops up behind your company characters so when you hit "ok" or "next" you press one of the characters instead. Fix or add the above and this will be a five star game.
Gameplay: Your tap the screen to remove tiles from the board and uncover enemies, and buffs. The goal is to kill the monster with the key to unlock the next floor. At the beginning of the level you have 100 turns to get to the 7th floor and kill the boss.
There was a small amount of frustration the first couple of games. Just be smart about when you uncover enemies, and stack all of your buffs onto one hero and you'll do fine! :)
Great game! Thanks Slothworks!!!