The Tales of Beatrix Potter (bilingual Chinese ebooks with sound)
By Beijing DFHL Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Have you ever wanted to practice reading Chinese, but couldn't find anything at the right level? nciku might be able to help! We've translated six of Beatrix Potter's classic children's books into Chinese (with both Simplified and Traditional character versions), and created a bilingual reading tool that's packed with useful features:
- Switch between the Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and English versions of each page by clicking the "En" / 汉 / 漢 buttons.
- Tap on a paragraph of Chinese text to see its pinyin.
- Tap the speaker icon to listen to a recording of the current page, in English or Chinese.
The books included in this application are:
- The Tale of Peter Rabbit
- The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin
- The Tale of Benjamin Bunny
- The Tale of Mrs Tiggywinkle
- The Tale of Jemima Puddle-Duck
- The Tale of Jeremy Fisher
(The Tale of Peter Rabbit is also available separately as a free download - just search the app store for 'Peter Rabbit')
All of these books have been enjoyed by readers across the world for more than a hundred years, and are some of the best selling children's books of all time. We hope it can help you in your Chinese (or English) studies!
PS if you can't hear any sound, the most likely reason is that your iPad is muted - you can use the switch on the right-hand side of your iPad to turn sound on or off. If that locks/unlocks the screen rotation instead of un-muting the sound, you might have set the behaviour of that switch to "lock rotation" while the sound was still muted - go to Settings > General to change the "Use Side Switch to" option to "Mute". After you've un-muted the sound, you can change the setting back to "lock rotation" if you want.
What's New in Version 1.5
Added Traditional Chinese character version
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 30, 2011
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 32.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Beijing DFHL Company
- © 2010-2011 nciku
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.