The prologue to Games Workshop's (creator of Warhammer) seminal fantasy adventure board game!
"Game of the Week" Pocket Gamer
5/5 "The simple fact is, Talisman Prologue might be one of the finest examples of getting exactly what you pay for"
4/5 An excellent nostalgic romp
"Everything from dice rolls to performing various in-game actions looks and feels authentic."
4/5 "...can’t recommend it enough and I’m happy to have Talisman once again take a prominent role in my gaming life..."
The legend begins with a single-player series of adventures designed to invite both veterans and newcomers to explore the land of Talisman. Talisman Prologue focuses on creating narrative depth through its single-player campaigns. The story unfolds as the player rolls dice to move around the outer, middle, and inner regions of the board. Each space will require the player to draw a card or resolve a special effect, leading your hero to encounter monsters, discover friendly followers, and gather treasure
•Based on the Talisman board game
•Classic board gaming on the move
•Single player play
•50 quests to play through
Added Japanese and Chinese language
Ratings and Reviews
Not as good as the original Talisman
I have played dozens of games of the multi-character Talisman and was expecting a similar level of satisfaction. There are a few things just wrong with this game that make it painful to play:
1) It loses your game. If you exit the game in the middle, after a while it forgets where you left off and you have to start all over again. The other Talisman game remembers where you left off, and when it doesn't it has saved your progress so you can continue.
2) The UI is worse than the regular Talisman game. The regular game allows you to make most decisions on the right side of the screen. For some reason they moved things around so now you are tapping on different sides of the screen, far less convenient. The UI also wastes a lot of your time by delaying the action and repeatedly telling you how spaces and cards work that you already know. There is no setting to speed it up either.
3) The game appears to be based on random gameplay. It seems like most objectives are to draw cards until you find the one you want. You are also ranked based on how quickly you meet the objective. These two things do not go well together. It would be better if the objective was less random, or if you were not measured on how quickly you can draw a card from the bottom of the deck.
Much less satisfying than the regular Talisman game. Not worth paying for unless they fix these items.
Great For Exploring Other Characters
I love classic Talisman, but like many I have 3 characters I default to. Prologue has 4 unique single player campaigns for the base characters as well as a "Race to the Crown" campaign for each too.
Because this version is single player only, the only competition is to beat your high score. This gives you enough time to get to know the character as you play through their campaign without the fear of losing competitively because you wanted to try someone new.
Also due to it being single player, the games are MUCH shorter. Some of the campaigns take less than 15 minutes to complete. Perfect for getting your fix in between classes, on your break at work, or in the car (if you aren't driving)!
Hours upon hours of addictive fun!!
Love this. I used to play the board game when it came out, and this is very true to that. But it also has some great new features. The thing I don't miss is the half-hour cleanup after you're done playing the old board game. Thank you so much for making this! :)
- Nomad Games Ltd.
- 111.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Nomad Games 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.