This “Let's Talk About It” app is brought to you by projectCAP, a teen pregnancy prevention program of Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes.
As parents, we all want the best for our teens. That means helping them with homework, encouraging their hobbies, and… talking about sex.
A 2012 nationwide survey by Planned Parenthood, Family Circle magazine and the Center for Latino Adolescent and Family Health (CLAFH) at New York University found that most parents and teens do talk about sex however, teens are less comfortable than their parents having these conversations, and parents need to talk more about how their teens can prevent pregnancy and STDs. Only small percentages of teens said they plan to discuss these and other related topics with their parents in the future. This resistance is likely a result of teens' discomfort discussing these topics.
We're here to help you get the conversation started!
Parent – teen communication matters. Our app is aimed at helping you to have those sometimes difficult, yet important conversations.
• Added support for iPhone 5 and iPod tall screens.
- Maureen Kelly
- 3.6 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Northern Sami, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Planned Parenthood of the Southern Finger Lakes
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.