"Talk to Me" 3.0.0 is a light weight text to speech application that speaks words as you type them.
See the youtube demonstration here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLLfIIxyTY8
While there are other text to speech applications out there, "Talk To Me" offers the following advantages:
- Interactive - "Talk to me" speaks the words as you type them!
- Continues speaking in the background or when the device is locked.
- Supports remote control of pausing and playing.
- Displays the current words being spoken on the lock screen and in the multi-tasking bar's play controls.
- Pause - Pause the speaking
- Voice Volume Control - Control the volume of the voices.
- Fast - "Talk To Me" can read pages and pages of text with no pauses for conversion. Conversion is done parallel to speaking.
- Support for multiple languages and voices.
- Save Library - Save your phrases for playback quickly
- Copy Item - Copy the text from a saved Library item back to the main screen.
- Speak Speed Control - Control the speed of speaking
- Voice Pitch Control - Change the pitch of the chosen voice
- Support for landscape mode
- Adjustable font size for the main text area.
- Speak whatever is in the copy buffer as soon as the app is launched
- Create a bookmark in Safari allowing you to select text from web sites, select the bookmark, and automatically launch Talk To Me and start speaking what you selected
- In app email to access support
Devices: iPhone and iPod Touch Second Generation
- Support for multiple languages
- Now using iOS embedded voices
Ratings and Reviews
Whoops. Time to fix a big bug.
The program speaks individual words as you type. When I hit play and it finishes talking, it crashes.
I use these type of applications to read informational and/or research documents to me while I'm at work (basically to multitask). This app allows me to effortlessly copy as long a document as desired into the reading space. The voice is superior to many other similar apps that I've tried and does a decent job of pronunciation. It also allows me to pick up where I left off after putting my device away (as any worth-while app would, in my opinion) and then save the document that I just listened to--excellent! In addition, you can change the reading speed and font size. This is definitely my app of choice! Well done, Chris!
Works with ease
I purchased this app to show to a dear friend who has ALS (Lou Gherigs disease). She can no longer speak or eat at all! This app has given her a voice again. Within two days of "playing" with my iPad she had her own! This app has been a miracle for her. She can now have a conversation in the car with her husband and make phone calls to her kids and others. Prior to this she was writing on a little white board. Although in time her muscle dexterity in her hands will deteriorate I am hopeful she will still be able to use her iPad and "talk to me text to speech". A huge thank you to it's creators.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.