This app is inspired by true story of a kid with a learning disability. He had motor planning issues to communicate with those around him and had hard time speaking words. It took him couple of seconds to say what he needed i.e water, food. As a father and iPhone developer it moved us so much that we decided to make this app for any child or adult who needs a voice in this world.
This application is very simple and easy to use for any kid or adult. Here are the key features of this app
* Universal app. Download it once and use it on all your devices
* Hear beautiful calming music as soon as the app is launched
* Create your own custom buttons.
* Record your voice for the button
* Create unlimited buttons and unlimited pages!
* Simple Swipe left or right to move between pages.
* Press the button and hear system or your own recorded sounds
* Comes with 4 pre-built YES/NO buttons with sounds.
* Use your own pictures from your photo album or take one from your device camera and it adds them to your buttons
* Arrange buttons in two pairs or show one button per page
* Set custom backgrounds
* Picture and voice communication aid for children
* Extremely easy to use settings.
* This app can be used in any language or in any font
* Doctors can use this app in the hospital to communicate with non-verbal patients
* Speech therapist can use this app to teach kids how to say certain words
* You can teach your kids pronunciations of words and alphabets in your own language or dialect
* Ideal for pre speech toddlers or children with disabilities
Although there are now many apps that assist with communication, Talk Touch++ remains focused on a simple, easy to use interface, for those who are non or preverbal. This app continues to give these users a voice by giving them the ability to answer simple questions using an iPad/iPhone.
- fixed a bug where if the ipad was in landscape mode and app was launched then the buttons didn't show up properly
- optimized app for iOS 10
Ratings and Reviews
This app had great promise for helping my nonverbal students--until I tried to create custom buttons! The process looks easy--just three steps. But the app seems not to be able to remember what was entered at Step 2 long enough to complete Step 3. Yes, I pressed Save at each step. I'll keep looking for a better assistive communication app.
Developer Response ,
if you experience a problem then contact our support. Leaving a bad review helps neither you nor anyone else. We have tested this app and it works. Again, please contact us and we will help you troubleshoot your problem.
Talk Touch++ Speech
I pinch every penny so I'm able to take care of my non-verbl child. I thought this would be a good starting app. So disappointed I am not able to get past the "yes,no" page. You say bugs are fixed but they are not. Would not recommend this app to anyone.
If this app works at all, the “how” is completely opaque.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.