Talkatone: WiFi Text & Calls
By TALKATONE, INC.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Make free calls & texts via WiFi or cellular data, no cell minutes used, all with the Talkatone free calling app.
Download Talkatone for your very own free US/Canada phone number! Call for free in the U.S. and Canada, and make cheap international calls without using your minutes. Send and receive picture texts and group messages in the U.S. and Canada.
Call, text and share. Stay in touch with everyone you love with Talkatone.
FREE PHONE NUMBER
Get a free phone number to make and receive free calls/texts to other U.S./Canada numbers. Talkatone can act as your cellphone, even if you don’t have a cell phone plan!
FREE CALLING & TEXTING TO U.S. & CANADA
All SMS/MMS texts and domestic calls (US/Canada) are free. Even group texting is free for all Talkatone users.
FREE PICTURE TEXTING & FREE MMS
Text photos for FREE to any U.S. or Canadian number, without using cellular data.
CHEAP INTERNATIONAL CALLS
Don’t pay ridiculous fees just to call your loved ones abroad. ALL international calls to you are also completely free!
PERFECT FOR TRAVELERS
Take your iPhone, iPod or iPad with you when you travel. Call and text U.S. or Canada phone numbers on WiFi, without paying outrageous charges.
TURN YOUR IPAD OR IPOD INTO A PHONE
Call and text friends and family from your iPad or iPod with Talkatone - No cell plan required.
FREE WIFI PHONE CALLS
No data plan? No problem. Just connect to the internet and use WiFi to make free calls & texts.
EARN FREE CALLING CREDITS
Achieve effectively free unlimited international calling by completing our simple free offers.
Download Talkatone for free texting and calling from your very own custom phone number!
Talkatone does not support 911 emergency calling or texting.
Carrier data charges may apply. Contact your carrier for more information.
We are happy to get your feedback and help you solve any Talkatone issues. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get back to you promptly.
• International Calls — Allows unlimited calls to select countries for $12.99 monthly.
• Remove Ads — Stops displaying all ads for $1.99 monthly.
Subscriptions are automatically billed to your iTunes Account and auto-renew. You can manage subscriptions in your account settings. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
See more about Talkatone at https://www.talkatone.com
What's New in Version 5.7.4
TIP: If you use Talkatone to have a disposable phone number you can now “burn” your number and get a new one. Check it out in the Settings screen!
- A sound was added when a call terminates.
- iOS 10 & 11 users! You can now swipe an incoming notification to access a “Decline” option.
- If you don’t decline a notification but dismiss a call notification and then launch the app you no longer get stuck in the incoming call screen.
- iOS 9 users can’t have that shiny new “Decline” button but we love them still! We didn’t mean to break the copy & paste features on iOS 9. We’ve put them back.
- Some other small UI polish and bug–fixing.
- Improved delivery of message and incoming call notifications.
- Several small bugs were squashed.
- Fixed a bug that caused ads to auto-open.
- Several small bugfixes needed a quick turnaround, thus 5.7.1 was born.
- The “Clear” buttons have been removed from the Messages and Calls screen where they were too easy to tap accidentally. Look under Settings -> History to clear these screens now.
- Improvements to chat scrolling performance
- Improved handling of URLs used when inviting friends to join Talkatone and earn referral bonuses.
- Improved handling of several error conditions when attempting to purchase a number burn or a subscription.
- UI tweaks & polish.
Could have been 5 stars but...
...it’s starting to get ridiculous. In the beginning, the app did what I needed: provided me with a local number for when I did not want to give out my personal number. Some of the calls weren’t the best quality, but whatever. NOW, the ads are getting out of control. Every time I open the app it takes me to the App Store. So I try to go back to the app and it takes me to the news and then back to the app...and then back to the App Store! This legitimately happens at least 4 times before I’m able to use the app. I’m 2 seconds away from switching to another app.
It's a good free useful app
Problems include: glitches, occasionally redirecting to ads/App Store, has sound quality flaws, doesn't tell you when your getting a call just when you missed. Sometimes double calls when already on a line calls same person ringing during conversation and person says how are you calling me again. Qualities include, syncing contacts, it's free with wifi, you get a free number "you can choose" and the best part this app has to offer its free, or I would have to give it a 2.5/5
I have a problem 😕
So this just recently happened. I’m at school and the app usually works and it signed me out not too long ago. I have a great connection but it keeps saying when I try to sign back in to delete the app and reinstall it or contact the developer because it won’t work. I don’t know what that is or if it’s a bug but please fix it, I’ve been using this app for 3 years and it just now wants to mess up.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 11, 2017
- Version: 5.7.4
- Size: 95.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: TALKATONE, INC.
- © 2010-2017 Talkatone LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 60 Talkatone Credits$0.99
- Burn phone number$0.99
- Remove Ads$1.99
- International Calls$12.99