Talking Clock for iPhone
By Mobo Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Talking Clock for iPhone It is quite simply a speaking clock, which can be used in everyday life.
It is visually attractive, polished and clear display, with an animated flip clock function.
The application announces, with a natural spoken voice, the current time in varying intervals from 1 minute to 1 hour. The announcement system also works through headphones
It even provides a timer - countdown mode which announces the time remaining depending on the settings.
For example: "2 hours 15 minutes left".
Popular Applications :
- Activities requiring precisely defined time - gym training, jogging etc
- Parking Reminder
- Cooking and washing assistant
- Wake up call for your afternoon nap
- Work stimulator - Don't waste time on unimportant activities when time is running out
- Keep track of your working day when under time pressure.
- Practise your presentation for a specific period (eg 8 minutes)
- A simple attractive table top clock or morning alarm clock
- There are many other applications
*** The Application runs even in the background (adjustable in the app settings)! ***
Notifications number in the background mode is limited by iOS restrictions to maximum 30 - 60 sound notifications. It's enough to open and close app to hear notifications again.
To disable notifications it's just enough to open Talking Clock and press speaker icon - disable sounds.
What's New in Version 1.6
Now if you choose time frequency:
-1 hour, or
- 30 minutes with Nearest 5,10,15,30,60 minutes ON
Announcements will work ENDLESS without limit even IN BACKGROUND!
Great App When You Can Hear It
I like the simple focus of the app; to be a talking clock/timer and nothing more. It's just what I was looking for... almost. For though in general I like its options, it's missing the ability to control the volume of the voice independent of the iPhone's main volume control. As it is, when I'm listening to Pandora on the train I can barely hear the time and when biking I can't hear it at all. Turning up the volume in the app also turns up the volume of the music such that to get the clock voice loud enough the music is *far* too loud. The voice needs to be recorded or played back at a higher level than it currently is. Until this is fixed, for my purposes the app is essentially useless.
Reliable app, works in background!
Love this app, it works even if I'm watching a video and doesn't stop whatever is running in the foreground. No unnecessary beeps and alarms before the voice like other talking clocks have. Great little app, so thanks! The only thing would be to have an alternate theme besides the old fashioned wood flip clock. Besides that, one of the few apps I trust and can rely on.
Keeps me on schedule! Love it
I used to say, "I just need a clock that will tell me the time every five minutes" so I could get my son to bed sooner. This app works great in the evenings when I'm trying spend time with my son but also get him fed, bathed, ready for bed and even on track for story time. He is great at stalling so this helps me keep us both on target.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 06, 2014
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Mobo Studio
- © 2012 Mobo Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.