Background time telling app.
CLOCK talks in human sentences: spoken US, UK, AUE English, Czech, Hungarian. It also chimes, cuckoos.
Each hour or "almost" hour can be set up differenty.
The fellow app CLOCK2 talks Chinese, Spanish, Arabic.
Tells me: ‘It is almost five o’clock in the afternoon' or ‘It is now five o’clock in the afternoon'. No touch or acknowledgement is necessary. The messages will come from the background.
2 distinct features:
1. Background Clock. Can be run all the time in the background. Almost no measurable drain of battery power.
According to some of our users this is the best talking clock available for iOS.
Talks to you from the background while you are using other apps (while listening to music, browsing the web, watching videos,...). Does not need or use any network connections.
Some examples for a 5 o'clock alert (well, you have to imagine the different accents):
Any of these can be selected fro each hour or ALMOST hour.
Human voice time telling:
- English - US,UK,AUE English - "It is now five o’clock in the afternoon”,“it is almost five o’clock in the afternoon”
- Hungarian - “délután öt óra van” ,”néhány perc múlva délután öt óra lesz”
- Czech - "je pět hodin večer”,”je skoro pět hodin večer”
Other voice time telling:
- Cuckoo language - "cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo"
- Grandfather's Clock - "chime, chime, chime, chime, chime"
Binary voice time telling:
- Talking Binary Clock - listen to the exact time in silent environments, beeps in a nice and not annoying tone. (something like HIGH,LOW,HIGH - at 5PM - because 1*4+0*2+1*1=5)
Other time signals:
- One short beep - one "beep" each hour, also vibrates (when set) and flashes the LED light (on certain phones, when phone is in sleep and silent mode)
- Cock sound,ringer,..
Blinking feedback on the clock face which shows that the background clock is running.
2. On screen clock:
Analog round or Digital clock faces also included.
The analog clock can also run backwards, Yes, counterclockwise.
Also it can show 12 and 24 hour clocks. Yes, a round clock face with 24 hours on it.
iOS9 multitasking supported.
Speaks the time in your local language when touching the gear
(This language will be different from the background announcements.)
Clock face alphabets:
Device Region Format (US 12 hour format,Arabic,Urdu,..)
Western (US 24 hour format)
The visual clock will drain the battery, do not use it unplugged for a longer time.
This app is a part of the TalkTime family of apps.
All our apps are created with the utmost care for functionality, usability and quality.
Each of our apps have a different function, these apps are also great to be used together.
Check out TALKING TIMERS and TALKING CHEF and their free checkout versions.
Try our free apps, all contain some fully usable components of our full apps:
- Almost Time: For the people who used to set their watches or clocks to run early a few minutes.
- KcolC Clock: a clock you can set up to run backwards, to show a 24 hour clock, show several alphabets,... (but no sound)
- Talking Timers to Check: a talking 24 hour reminder, will talk to you in human sentences, more frequently as the target time gets close. Set up the frequencies, multiple timers, two full timers in this free version...
- Talking Chef to Check: a talking kitchen reminder, will talk to you in human sentences, more frequently as the target time gets close. Set up the frequencies, multiple timers, two full timers in this free version...
- iOS8, iOS9 version
- blinking feedback on the clock face when the background alerts are switched on (set in device settings and inside the app)
- visual clock shadow introduced to make more emphasis on the alphabets (set in clock face menu)
- voice alert settings feedback now appears on the clock face (appears with voice alerts menu)
- some corrections of the sounds
- better sizing of the clock and menus (size classes,...)
- side by side running on multitasking capable devices
- the decide (draw) module promo is not in the app any more
- other minor changes to further eliminate distractions
- voiceover improved
- stability improved
This is an iOS8 and iOS9 version of this app.
Does not run under previous iOS versions.
For previous iOS versions run the previous versions of this app.
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly What I've Been Looking For ...
I love my iPhone. But there was always something my old BlackBerry could do that my iPhone couldn't and that's give me hourly time alerts. Until now.
I found this app the other day and immediately bought it. It does exactly what I want. It professionally announces the top of the hour every hour. And it does that perfectly.
I highly recommend this app. What would I change? Nothing major. Two things ... 1.) The smiling woman icon is cheesy. It would be nicer if the icon were a little more professional. 2.) the "with love" banner on the clock makes no sense. Either offer the ability to eliminate it or change to something more personalized to the user.
Other than that, great app. Thanks so much. The hourly time alerts are totally perfect.
DO NOT GET IT!!!
The two reviewers clearly were a part of this app. This app is so buggy. If you pull your control panel up to use the calculator or anything it glitches out and disappears from screen. Next, I set the alarms and this app apparently doesn't save them after you simply leave the app NOT EVEN CLOSE, JUST LEAVE TO HOME SCREEN. On an operating level it is poorly constructed. To change the color of the clock you have to do it in a different window and you cannot see the change live. You can't personalize what the announcement says. This was a very poor development job. You guys totally got me. Enjoy my money. NOT HAPPY!
NOT WORTH IT! STAY AWAY!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.