Talking Parents keeps a complete record of all communications between co-parents. We maintain the record as an independent third party, making sure parents cannot delete or alter anything from their conversations. Our iPhone app offers an enhanced experience for Talking Parents Premium subscribers and includes the following features:
- Read and respond to messages.
- View and create events on the shared calendar.
- Send PDF copies of your Conversation Record.
- Maintain personal notes to yourself on the Journal.
- Receive instant notifications when you have a new message or event to view.
- See how many new messages you have on the app icon.
If you are not an existing Talking Parents Premium subscriber, upon logging in you will be offered the chance to sign up. Talking Parents offers a free month Premium account trial. At the end of your free month, fees will apply unless you cancel your subscription. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. If you cancel your Premium account subscription you will still be able to access your account anytime for free via our website with any internet browser, including the one on your phone.
Premium accounts include access to our mobile apps; unlimited access to electronic conversation records; a totally ad-free experience across all devices; a discount on printed records; and access to all archived attachments.
- Release of the personal journal feature, including the ability to send a personal journal record.
- Moved conversation, calendar, and journal records into a combined "Records" location.
- Minor bugfixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
It's unfortunate to need an app to co-parent, but in the first month of use I have seen a big improvement in communication. It's amazing what people don't say when they think it will be used in court. The calendar option is nice, but I can't add reoccuring events like phone calls or soccer practice etc. Trips that last more than one day are also difficult to add. I decided to pay for the app usage although I can understand some of the complaints about paying for one more thing. $50 a year for this app gives peace of mind and nowhere compares to my legal fees. OUCH! I use it on Android and Apple devices.
Opportunities for improvement
I wish the calendar would let me schedule across multiple days at once (i.e. for fathers weekend time) without having to schedule individually each day. Adding in an “all day” option to override the time entry as well would be helpful!
Other than that everything is going smoothly thus far.
App is okay but one recommendation would be to have the ability to get a report for just one conversation topic. Or to manually select the ones you need. The way it currently is, if you need a record of conversations then you need to get a pdf of everything which could be thousands of pages if you’ve been using the app for a while. That’s ridiculous
- Monitored Communications LLC
- 67.6 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Talking Parents
- In-App Purchases
- TalkingParents One Month Premium Subscription (Renewing) $4.99
- TalkingParents One Month Premium Subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.