TalkingTime speaks the time on the hour or half-hour.
"Set and forget". The app only runs during setup so you can do other stuff with your phone, and it won't run down your battery.
TalkingTime respects the 12 (AM/PM) or 24-hour time setting of your device.
This is the most useful utility app on my iPhone.
• Added Detailed schedule setting to select announcement times at a more granular level
• Added "Share" button in app Settings to share to Facebook, Instagram, Messages, etc.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I like the concept behind this, but the :15 and :45 min past the hour dings don’t work. The app speaks the hour hour at those milestones. For example- when it should ding at 1:15 AND 1:45 it speaks “1:30”. So for the 1:15, 1:30 and 1:45 marks the app announces “1:30”. I was hoping to use this in the am when I’m getting ready and during the day to remind myself to get up from my desk, take lunch, to home on time.
It’s not bad, but I could live without it.
Developer Response ,
This is very strange. Please email me at email@example.com and I'll figure out what's going on - possibly a corrupted app or app's data. I'm sorry you had a bad experience - it really is an indispensable app! Mark
Voices needs reconsidering
Very good app, simple and functional.
But the used voices really makes the iPhone X sounds odd! Please introduce more smooth and modern ones.
Does what it’s supposed to
Not much to say. It announces the time as they say it will.
Developer Response ,
I’m sorry that TalkingTime isn’t working properly for you.
The usual suspects for TalkingTime stopping or missing announcements are
- Do Not Disturb is on, or
- the mute switch on the side of the phone is on, or
- the ringer volume is down all the way. TT announcements have their volume controlled by the ringer volume, not the music volume. Adjust it using the slider in the phone's main settings -> Sounds.
If none of those turn out to be the issue, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll help you get it fixed!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.