Whether you're hiking, biking, or looking for a new trail to explore, the TallyParks app allows you to find the best parks and trails that Tallahassee has to offer. TallyParks highlights some of the hidden gems within the city that are not available through other map services.
With TallyParks you can:
- Browse a list of Parks and Trails and their amenities.
- Find parks across town and near you.
- Search for a trail or Trail Marker.
- See your position in real time as you explore trails and parks.
- Scan a QR code on the trail to find your location relative to the trail/park.
- Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Welcome to the new and updated TallyParks! In this version we've overhauled the app's visual design and functionality to better help you find parks explore the parks around you.
- Updated visual style and reorganized menu options
- Updated Find Parks, Trails, and Features
- Added address search for parks
- Added parks from County, State, and National Parks to the map
- Added icons for City, County, and other managed parks in the area
- Improved geolocation to be less disruptive
Ratings and Reviews
Cumbersome & won't allow clicking on sites
I was excited when I first saw this app mentioned in our local newspaper. But, the overall map showing parks and trails unknown to this long-time resident proved disappointing when I could not click on a trail or park for details. When I saw the tiny menu button on the bottom of my screen (IPad), I was again disappointed as I had to scroll thru a list to find the park or trail. Then when I did, the park was slow to load. This needs serious revamping for it to be truly useful.
Incomplete | Missing Parks | Bad Info
J Lee Vause Park is amazing, not in the app, but on COT parks website. Koucky Park does not have basketball hoops, but the app says it does. Country Club park had a baseball diamond, app doesn't show that. "My location" feature opens the map to the last place you were looking, the SLOW GIS map. See a park on the map? Nope, can't click on it to get the address, can't click on it for directions to the park... With the missing parks and incorrect data (and sluggish response time) you're better off using your favorite mapping app, and typing in "park" - you'll get more park listings, and directions.
Needs an update
Full of bugs and whenever I try to filter out options nothing shows up. Hard to search for parks and just a very unorganized app. Seems like it has never been updated since it was created because it barely works at all. I have to manually look on the map to see what parks are near me because nothing will show up if I try and search for parks near me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.