It’s lunch time and Tami, the golden lion tamarin, is hungry! Help Tami reach the delicious fruit by building a tower. But watch out! Other animals can cause Tami’s tower to topple over.
From the Smithsonian Science Education Center, Tami’s Tower: Let’s Think About Engineering is an educational engineering design game that will help teach your student how to design a solution to a problem using basic engineering design principles.
• Aligned to educational science standards for kindergarten through second grade
• Designed for emergent readers
• Grounded in educational psychology research
• Metacognitive prompts provide students an opportunity to monitor and assess their own confidence
• Teachers can assess student responses to metacognitive prompts through an in-game
• In-game tutorial to teach students how to play
• Introduces students to engineering design principles
• Students will learn how the shape of an object can help it function as needed to solve a problem
• Students can reflect on previous attempts to improve design
• Students can design a level in Sandbox mode
• Designed to be used in the classroom or at home
V1.1: Gameplay, graphics, and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Had fun playing
Wish there were more levels, this was entertaining, i also wish you got rated out of three stars on your design per level kinda like other games. Wish I knew the number of trys while doing the levels. Also the screen doesnt rotate when flipping the game on the phone.
- Smithsonian Institution
- 208.4 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright 2018 Smithsonian Institution. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.