By Designsensory, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Up for adventure? Discover Tanasi Trail, a journey into the wild side of Tennessee. Explore this amazing region through its scenic rivers, Native American footpaths, passages of early settlers, railroads that changed life forever, and today’s protected scenic byways and beautiful overlooks. Use this app to discover the hidden gems in Chattanooga and Southeast Tennessee. Customize your trail experience and share your journey with friends.
Let this app be your guide to more than 126 points of interest along Tanasi Trail. Filter points of Interest by interest category or "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With the Tanasi Trail app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, it's time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
Tanasi Trail, a Discover Tennessee Trails and Byways Initiative, takes you through some of the most picturesque panoramas America has to offer, with the Blue Ridge Mountains on the east and the Tennessee River with its array of lakes on the west. Explore points from start to finish, or choose a few off-trail spots for a look at a different side of Tennessee. The drive includes five of the state’s most scenic rivers: Ocoee, Hiwassee, Tellico, Tennessee and Little Tennessee.
Tanasi Trail begins in downtown Chattanooga’s beautiful riverfront area and meanders north through Cleveland, Benton, the Hiwassee/Ocoee Scenic River Park, with its famous whitewater, travels along the scenic John Muir Trail, Delano, Englewood, Tellico Plains, the breathtaking Cherohala Skyway and the Unicoi Turnpike Trail, Vonore, Sweetwater, Athens and Charleston, before bringing you back to the fun and attractions of Chattanooga.
What's New in Version 2.01
Updated load speed.
Additional location images.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 15, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Designsensory, Inc.
- © 2014 Designsensory, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.