The only tangle pattern app by a professional artist in the App Store! Tangle Library will show you how to draw 40 gorgeous tangles by published author and Certified Zentangle Teacher™ Sandy Steen Bartholomew.
These tangles are structured patterns that are easy to make and fantastic to look at. All you need is a pen, pencil, and paper to start making beautiful art!
Once you've created your masterpiece, use the built in photo tool to take a picture of your work and file it with the tangles you used.
- 40 tangles from Sandy's "Tangle Cards - Yoga For Your Brain" card pack. Each tangle includes a picture of the finished pattern and step by step visual instructions so you can make them yourself.
- Filter the tangles by shape, shade, and more to find the perfect tangle for your composition.
- Star your favorite tangles to easily find them again.
- Get tangles from more of Sandy's books via in-app purchase, plus two packs exclusive to Tangle Library.
- Use the built in photo organizer to take pictures of your finished drawings. You can later review your photos organized by the tangle used.
- Also includes a quick start guide to tangling for those new to the process or who could use a refresher.
Are you new to Zentangle?
The Zentangle® Method is an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns. It was created by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas. "Zentangle" is a registered trademark of Zentangle, Inc. Learn more at zentangle.com.
Note: This app is not created by or affiliated with Zentangle, Inc.
Fixed links to Tangle cards.
Ratings and Reviews
Wow! This is a must get
Love Sandy’s books and this app is a great way to save money instead of buying the cards. The tangles are very inspiring. After playing around with a few of them, I was able to go in completely different directions. The step outs were clear and very well done done, she really paid attention to every detail, the shading was on point. If you’re looking for a Zentangle app that will get your creative juices flowing and is well made, this is the app for you. I have them all, and this is the best. If only I could add out add outside tangles, then it it would be perfect.
Love the variety and portability!
I'm a huge fan of the Zen Tangle books by Sandy Steen Bartholomew. This take the tangles on the go with me. I always have a small notebook and little pack of pens in my purse. I consult the app with the various tangles and step-by-step instructions to get inspiration. I purchased an additional add-on and it integrates perfectly with the original app, listed alphabetically by tangle name. Great value!
Not as good as it could be
It has plenty of nice examples. However the guides come up short on steps. If all you need for inspiration is seeing example this should work, but if you want to be shown step by step the whole example don't count on this. Additional examples can be purchased and at this time total $12 dollars.
- Ian McDowell
- 76.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Ian McDowell
- In-App Purchases
- Totally Tangled Pack $1.99
- AlphaTangle Pack $1.99
- Kidz Tangle Pack $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.