Tango Remote, Music Player with Remote Control
By Blue Atlas Technology, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remotely Control your Apple Music on your iOS device from any other iOS device.
“Outstanding app! I thought "someone should make an app that does this." Then I looked and there it was! Tango. Works exactly like was thinking it should. Best app on my phone (and iPad).”
"Hosted a party last night and used Tango Remote to control the music on my iPod Touch. Saved me from running back and forth to the stereo all night, plus I was able to remotely queue up song requests. It was the hit of the party. I highly recommend."
“Finally--a remote that does what a simple remote should do. Remote works great. Allows me to control iPad music--song selection, volume, pause/play, skip/repeat--from my iPhone. It's handy, especially when working around the house”
“Exactly what I was looking for! After countless research I finally decided to give this a try. It does exactly what it says it will. I have complete access to my iPad 2's music library from my iPhone 4s. I can control my iPad (which is hooked up to my outside stereo) from anywhere in my yard.... Even with a weak wifi signal.”
“Excellent. Works flawlessly, great for playing music from your iPad or any iOS device remotely. Great job developers. You did something Apples Remote app should be capable of by default.”
“Great remote app. This app, after constant searching, is one of the best remote control apps to use between my iPad and iPod touch. I plug my iPod into my home media and use my iPad (to play and queue songs) wirelessly on my network. Amazingly well structured app 5/5 stars! Nice work guys!”
“Must have. Remote songs and volume from the patio and never get up. Works just fine via the stereo system. Way cool.”
“In a word it's PERFECT!"
What's missing from Apple's Music App? An "Up Next" List and Remote Control of your iOS music! Tango Remote is a great way to remote control your iPod Music Library playing on your iOS devices. Connect one device to a stereo or TV and use another to play, pause, skip, adjust volume and more. Stop walking across the room!
Remote Control Features...
- Control your iPod music library or Apple Music remotely.
- Up Next Queue with full editing.
- Search artist, song title, album, composer or genre
- Password protection
- Support for Gapless Albums.
- Supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, no router required for newer devices via wi-fi direct feature.
- Listen to your iTunes playlists one after the other
- Create a remote playlist on the fly
- Audio and video scrubbing
- Control volume on Pandora, Spotify, most 3rd party audio apps.
- Limited control of Apple Music Radio (volume, skip, play/pause only)
- Display camera roll videos on your TV via Apple TV or TV-out (see note below).
- iPad and iPhone versions
Featured in “New and Noteworthy," "What’s Hot" and the top 25 Music apps.
Tango Remote lets you remotely control another iOS device that's playing your iPod music library, Apple Music, or Apple Music Radio (volume, skip, play/pause only). You can even remotely control the volume of most 3rd party audio apps like Pandora or Spotify.
Buy once and install on all your devices at no additional cost by using the same Apple ID!
- Tango does not currently support iTunes Home Sharing. Please disable Home Sharing in the Music App before using Tango.
- When controlling Apple Music Radio you may only change the volume, skip songs (up to the limit), pause and play. Selecting the station is not currently supported. When controlling Pandora, Spotify or other audio apps you may only control the volume.
- Tango cannot play movies or TV Shows purchased via iTunes.
What are waiting for? Grab your own Tango Remote and enjoy your music untethered. Click Buy App now to experience the freedom.
What's New in Version 9.2.1
Added Album Artist Grouping.
Improved Apple Music support.
Other enhancements and improvements.
It does not do what it claims to do!
So annoyed that I just paid $9 for an app that doesn't work! I have been searching and searching for a remote app for my iPhone that has the capability to control the TV app (primarily iTunes movies) on my iPad. I connect my iPad to the TV via the HDMI adapter. I couldn't find anything until Tango so I was willing to pay a high price because there was a great need and in my research multiple resources said it could do what I wanted. I just downloaded it and it looked like it was going to work great, however, when I went to play a movie I get an error message on both devices saying "Cannot Open. This app is not authorized to play this file." I hope someone will come up with an app that will make this possible someday.
Does the job. A bit confusing to use.
I have Tango running on an old iPad that is playing through a Bluetooth speaker. Tango sees any song or playlist that I have added to my Apple Music library. Tango running on my iPhone controls what Tango on the iPad is playing (can adjust volume too). This frees up my iPhone for other tasks like playing a game or watching a video... things that would have normally interrupted the music if I was playing it from my iPhone.
The interface can be a little confusing but that's my only minor complaint.
Seems to work as advertised
No longer have to stream to my Apple TV through the big screen and down to my stereo.
I only wish it would stay connected. If you don't use the app for 10 min or so while playing music then you want to skip a song or change the volume it has to reconnect? Dunno this is on wifi.
But other then that works great.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 27, 2017
- Version: 9.2.1
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Blue Atlas Technology, LLC
- © 2009-2017 Blue Atlas Technology, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.