By Tangoe Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
You no longer need to call IT to connect your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your corporate infrastructure. Using Tangoe Mobile, you can self-authenticate, authorize, and configure your iOS device without help from IT. In addition, Tangoe Mobile offers real time tracking of your device’s usage, helping prevent bill shock.
Using Tangoe Mobile you can:
- Quickly connect to and enroll your device with your corporate network
- Ensure you have the latest corporate policies and configuration information
- Automatically gain access to email and network resources
- Avoid excessive costs when traveling internationally
- Enable your IT department to assist you with device issues
- Receive important alerts and notifications from your IT department
- Measure your data and roaming usage in real-time, and then compares it with your telecom plan
- Receive alarms on your mobile device as you use up data
Note: Tangoe Mobile requires Tangoe's Mobile Device Manager (MDM) Server and rTEM Solution for full functionality.
Please verify that your company is utilizing Tangoe MDM and/or rTEM before downloading this app.
Tangoe rTEM requires multitasking and will therefore not function on some older devices.
Extended use of Location Services can decrease your battery life.
What's New in Version 14.2.113
Updated string translations for supported languages.
Fixed problem with updating registration token.
May be good for companies, but terrible for employees
I've been forced to use this app for 2 years. If you're reading this then your company probably just informed you that you will have to install tangoe in order to have company email on your device. I'm sorry for your loss.
The good news, the latest update has made the app less terrible.
The bad news is that it's still terrible. The worst part is that with this app installed, i frequently have calls go straight to voicemail, while my phone is powered on, sitting right next to me unused, with a full signal. This has happened with two different phones, and when i uninstall the app, I never have the issue.
The most consistent issue while using the app is the battery drain (which is improved in this version, but still bad). It seems to be worse, the more you use the phone. So if i'm doing yardwork and leave my phone inside, unused for hours, then the extra battery drain from this app is minimal (0%-5% over normal drain from background email check). However if you start using your phone, especially involving your carrier network (calls, texts, or data not on wifi) then your battery will drain anywhere from 20%-50% more than normal in my estimation.
If you work in an office most of the day, you can get by, just make sure you have a charger with you. If you travel, work remotely, or are in a position where you aren't in an office all day, then this app will make your life miserable. I don't know if this actually helps companies save money, but it makes their employees lives miserable.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 24, 2015
- Version: 14.2.113
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Tangoe Inc
- Copyright © 2005-2015 Tangoe, Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.