*** Pocket Gamer Rating: 9 of 10: "Should be a lesson to every company considering rethinking classic game ideas." ***
Tanks! - Seek & Destroy is classic arcade action at its best. Seriously, its BEST. Either ramp up your challenge from hunter to hunted (Novice level), or jump right into the frey (INSANE level) for an adrenaline filled, fire-and-forget blast-a-thon that never lets up.
You are the lone survivor on a mission behind enemy lines. You have stolen their super tank prototype, loaded with experimental weapons, and must blast through a rage-fueled battlefield.
The odds are very, VERY against you. Enter your tank and destroy as many of the enemy ordinance as possible without allowing them to destroy you.
Trapped on a battlefield with no way out, your performance will determine the future balance of power.
Tanks! has been written to take full advantage of your iOS device while maintaining that classic arcade feel. The electric responsiveness will make your fingers tingle.
* Devastating weapons allowing you to plow through hordes of enemies at unbelievable speed.
* High speed action: Playing on INSANE level means no stopping to smell the roses. Intense gameplay that will leave you breathless.
* Rage mode: You're on-the-clock with no reinforcements. Maximize your score before you 'punch out'.
* Arcade inspired vector art style: Ensures your focus is on what’s important - seeing your enemies glow with anticipation of receiving your wrath!
* Game Center support: Challenge your friends, dominate the global leaderboards and publicly brag about your op'edness.
* 3D Audio
* Super responsive controls.
* Right- and left-handedness supported.
* No Ads
* No In-App Purchases
* iPhone X Support
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome shooter action!
With vector graphics reminiscent of the arcade console version of Atari's Battlezone (1980), this game rewards nostalgic players with additional weapons (guided rockets and proximity nukes!) and various threats, including tank mines and helicopters.
Respawns can be harsh when you're planted into a swarm of enemies. It would be nice if the player could earn more lives as score-based bonuses, and if one could select which weapons available on deck to use, but I'm not complaining. Great graphics, sounds and controls. The game is a joy to play.
Return of Vector Tank Extreme Minus Twin Sticks
I really like Vector Tank Extreme. When it was pulled due to Atari claiming ownership to all things made of vectors & tanks, it was unfortunate. Now in the form of Tanks Seek & Destroy, the same awesome visuals & sounds has return. Now with Retina display and a rockin soundtrack.
However I do miss the dual joystick control found in the original. With the latest iOS update, Vector Tanks doesn't load at it. Hopefully in an update, Tanks Seek & Destroy would be able to have dual joystick control once again.
Tanks seek and destroy
This game is super fun and fast paced. The graphics are really cool vector type you don't see anymore. The songs are kind of NIN-y with old school tank type sounds from ww2 -- a cool mix. I like killing the robots -- but it is really hard to shoot down the helicopters! Don't worry-- I will figure it out.. This game deserves more of my time because of its craftsmanship... And it deserves your time too!!
- Acmee GmbH
- 41.2 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Open-2 LLC. Published by Acmee.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.