Tantrum Tracker for iPad was designed to make tracking tantrums and outbursts for children on the autism spectrum, children with ADD or ADHD (or any child with behavior control issues) easy, through a logical work flow and organization of "tantrum" data, photo and video media, and visual representation of data via charts and graphs.
Parents, doctors, teachers, assistants, specialists, behaviorists or advocates may use the app to gain a better understanding and to keep a record of: the causes of a child's tantrums, the severity of tantrums, the type of behavior, the response taken, what mitigated them, what resolved them, specific locations that precipitated tantrums, and the locations and precipitators of tantrums by levels of severity. Record or import photos and videos to create a visual record of tantrums or their aftermath.
An overview of the features provided by the app are:
- Track multiple individuals, or import them from your Contacts list, and track their tantrums on an incident by incident basis through visual selection of simple information points.
- Track the locations of tantrums, the types of behavior, the causes (precipitators), responses taken, what mitigated the tantrums and the resolutions.
- Track gluten, casein and medication details for tantrums.
- Add and remove your own user defined categories for where the tantrum occurred, what caused it, and what resolved it.
- Record video or take photos of tantrum incidents or their aftermath from within the app, or import existing photos or videos from your Photo Library, which are then tracked along with the tantrum data and made available through a media gallery for viewing and playback on your device.
- Multiple ways to view your data, either in a calendar view or in a table view.
- Provides a full "notes" system, which is available for providing annotations on tantrum incidents, or for general notes and observations related to the individual.
- Both media and notes data may be shared through e-mail, and photos and videos may be exported to your Photo Library.
- Statistics for any individual may be viewed through a visual charting/graphing interface right on your device.
- Export tantrum data as a CSV (comma separated values) file. Data is made available for download to your computer through iTunes for import into a any spreadsheet application where it may be viewed through more detailed charts and templates.
- Built in documentation, for help while off-line.
- Internationalized for most English speaking countries.
Updated for iOS 12.
Support for new iPad Pro 11" and 12.9" screen sizes, full screen.
Ratings and Reviews
More for classroom school use
This is more for a group of kids. It is not what I thought it was going to be. Definitely geared toward school with tracking behaviors and consequences. Looks like it could be good for teachers and schools with several students that have general behavior problems.
Needed more selection to include common issues that individuals with autism as well.
Worthless app! Don't waste your money!
Maybe at one point it did something, but now all it does is create a list of the kids names, and you can add notes, which get saved onto a calendar. That's it! There is nowhere to input anything else for the graphs to track, so they just stay blank! I could have done that just by writing it down on a pad of paper, or writing notes in the calendar on my phone!
I love this app. Great tool for tracking my children's behavior. I especially love the recent updates to track physical, verbal, biting ect. The charts are helpful as well as the ability to export data.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.