By Scott Grant
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Tantrum Tracker was designed to make tracking tantrums and outbursts for children on the autism spectrum, children with ADD or ADHD (or any child with behavior control issues) easy, through a logical work flow and organization of "tantrum" data, photo and video media, and visual representation of data via charts and graphs.
Parents, doctors, teachers, assistants, specialists, behaviorists or advocates may use the app to gain a better understanding of: the possible causes of a child's tantrums, the severity of tantrums, the type of behavior, the response taken, what mitigated them, what resolved them, specific locations that precipitated tantrums, and the locations and precipitators of tantrums by levels of severity. Record or import photos and videos to create a visual record of tantrums or their aftermath.
An overview of the features provided by the app are:
- Track multiple individuals, or import them from your Contacts list, and track their tantrums on an incident by incident basis through visual selection of simple information points.
- Track the locations of tantrums, the types of behavior, the causes (precipitators), responses taken, what mitigated the tantrums and the resolutions.
- Track gluten, casein and medication details for tantrums.
- Add and remove your own user defined categories for where the tantrum occurred, what caused it, and what resolved it.
- Record video or take photos of tantrum incidents or their aftermath from within the app, or import existing photos or videos from your Photo Library, which are then tracked along with the tantrum data and made available through a media gallery for viewing and playback on your device.
- Multiple ways to view your data, either in a calendar view or in a table view.
- Provides a full "notes" system, which is available for providing annotations on tantrum incidents, or for general notes and observations related to the individual.
- Both media and notes data may be shared through e-mail, and photos and videos may be exported to your Photo Library.
- Statistics for any individual may be viewed through a visual charting/graphing interface right on your device.
- Export tantrum data as a CSV (comma separated values) file. Data is made available for download to your computer through iTunes for import into a any spreadsheet application where it may be viewed through more detailed charts and templates.
- Built in documentation, for help while off-line.
- Internationalized for most English speaking countries.
What's New in Version 2.1
Support for iOS 7
Cosmetic changes to the look & feel - removed transparent navigation bars and toolbars.
Added display of the categories for behavior, response and resolution to the tantrum notes display.
Modified the colors of the tantrum factors picker buttons and date picker buttons
Helpful for our child with AS
We started using this app recently to keep track of our son's tantrums. It has been useful in documenting them for his doctors. We can attach video or photos to each tantrum entry. The one change we would like to see in an update is the ability to enter longer notes--the current character limit is too restrictive.
I am very happy with this application. I bought it to track my kids tantrums and it has helped show his doctors his tantrum behaviors. I would recommend this app to anyone with an autistic child or a child with behavioral issues. The application is semi customizable to better suit your needs.
Difficult to Use, Couldn't get past the home screen!
I began by entering all of my child's information, and then tried to click to add to the calendar and NOTHING happened. Then my child's name was deleted off of the list without any warning!? Very frustrated by this waste of money.