Tap Forms 5 - Organizer + Secure Database
By Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with iCloud Sync!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
What's New in Version 5.1.4
• Added support for adding an entry to your Reminders when using a Date & Time field.
• Added ability to search Time fields to the advanced search feature.
• Prints the date, time, and page count footer on custom layouts now. You can disable that on the options tab on the Print panel.
• Drag and drop of photos within field wasn’t saving.
• Double-click to QuickLook photo implemented.
• Fixed mistake in sample date formatter pattern in math functions. Should have been MMM instead of mmm.
• Calculation fields that return dates no longer show in light grey.
• Multi-column list view was losing focus when you entered a value into it and pressed the tab key.
• Number fields on a custom layout now refresh when the number formatter is changed.
If you find Tap Forms useful, please consider writing a nice review. Every positive review helps greatly with my ability to further develop and support Tap Forms Organizer.
so far not so good
I just bought this today. There are supposed to be 33 built in forms. I can find ZERO. I have tried to play the training videos. They never load. I have tried to import my contacts, I cannot. I am supposed to be able to link forms, I cannot figure out how. I have used MS Access very successfully. I was able to teach the Apple Store trainers how to use Bento and connect forms in ways they truly did not know were possible. For years I have searched for a Bento replacement without having to buy FileMaker for several $100’s. This should be easier and there should be usable directions. If I cannot make this work in a reasonable amount of time and effort, I will be requesting a refund for both the iPhone app and the Mac app.
Update: after about an hour of searching I found the 33 built in forms. However, I cannot move them to the folders I want them in. I do not want to mix personal and business. Still cannot figure out how to import contacts, or link databases. So frustrated. I have downloaded the FileMaker Pro free trial. I wish I had not downloaded this paid version from the Apple App store, as there is a free trial version on the Tap Forms website. Try it before you buy it. It is not as easy and flexible as implied so far. If I were completely new to databases that would be one thing, but I have enough experience to understand how they “should” work in general.
Best database for “the rest of us"
This is a great database app for the rest of us: Use the predefined forms to keep track of the wines you like, create an inventory of the stuff in your home (for home insurance purposes), keep a daily journal, store personal data (health records, driver license, passoprt info etc.), and more . . . or create your own custom forms.
The things that make this such a great database: Simple to use and (relatively) simple to customize (I’m not a DB guy, but I figured rather quickly how to build forms from scratch); great support (online manual, video tutorials); multiple sync/storage options (iCloud, “nearby” and IBM Cloudant; no Dropbox — not the dev’s fault; Dropbox changed its database/storage API which makes Dropbox unusable for apps with complex sync requirements); and very flexible (keep your data in one database, or split it into multiple databases) — AND a very responsive developer, eager to help out when you’re stuck and ready to squish bugs that you may find (as long as they are in his power to fix). Highly recommended.
TF5 can organize every aspect of your life! I use it for my houseplant care (tracking watering, feeding), personal issues (tracking medical billing issues) and my small business (sales / expenses / project details). The dev is super-responsive and the active forum community is helpful too!
A great database app that does 90% of what I need it to do. For consumers and small businesses it is great. People who need *complex* relationships between data may be disappointed by the limitations HOWEVER it is overshadowed by great dev support, ease of use, and fantastic interface!
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 18, 2017
- Version: 5.1.4
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- © 2017 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor