Tap Forms 5 - Organizer + Secure Database
By Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details.
*** Please note, Tap Forms 5 does not use Dropbox or iCloud for syncing. Please see the FAQ on my website forum for more details ***
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac with or without the cloud
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery label templates
• Print record details
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
What's New in Version 5.0.10
• Make sure you've backed up your Tap Forms database documents before you perform any software updates.
• This update will take a little longer to open your documents the first time as Tap Forms rebuilds its indexes.
• Added support for Touch ID on the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar. On the Security Settings Screen, click the Enable Touch ID checkbox to enable it. The document should be encrypted for Touch ID to function.
• Added support for importing file attachments along side the CSV file.
• You can now specify a Date and Time format on a Calculation field. Applies only when you have Date selected as the Result Type for your formula.
• File Creation Date now displayed on File Attachments field
• File Attachment field now remembers which column you last sorted on.
• You can now unlink one-to-many relationships. You used to only be able to delete them.
• Calculation fields that return Dates will now display the format the same on a custom layout as they do on the Default Layout.
• Import field name/type detection is now case insensitive on the Import Records screen.
• Now remembers the current search term when switching views.
• Fixed issue with duration values not importing from a CSV file.
Perfect App for 95% of people. Lists, collections, databases etc. Simple user interface.
The application suite (for Mac & iOS) complement well and make the functions of this application completely mobile. The user interface is natural and straightforward, speed of app is outstanding, and support by the developer is the best I have ever received.
Syncing works very well in Nearby Mode. I have not tried the IBM Cloudant Cloud sync functionality. Hopefully iCloud and/or Dropbox sync will return in future releases.
I recently migrated all my Filemaker databases to this app with the largest being 10k records and Tap Forms handles it easily.
Kudos to the developer.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 29, 2016
- Version: 5.0.10
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- © 2016 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor