Tap Forms 5 - Organizer + Secure Database
By Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Your digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with iCloud Sync!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your Mac (iOS + Apple Watch app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the 33 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - comparing Tap Forms to other organizational programs:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
• Capture your way: add a picture, type some text, attach a file — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms.
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. Exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Layout designer for creating custom form layouts
• Advanced search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Lightning-fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Import & Export standard text, CSV and XLSX files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Label printing engine includes over 1,000 Avery® label templates
• Print record details
• List, multi-column, calendar, map, and photo grid views.
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
• Signature (capture on iOS, view on Mac)
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
What's New in Version 5.1.4
• Added support for adding an entry to your Reminders when using a Date & Time field.
• Added ability to search Time fields to the advanced search feature.
• Prints the date, time, and page count footer on custom layouts now. You can disable that on the options tab on the Print panel.
• Drag and drop of photos within field wasn’t saving.
• Double-click to QuickLook photo implemented.
• Fixed mistake in sample date formatter pattern in math functions. Should have been MMM instead of mmm.
• Calculation fields that return dates no longer show in light grey.
• Multi-column list view was losing focus when you entered a value into it and pressed the tab key.
• Number fields on a custom layout now refresh when the number formatter is changed.
If you find Tap Forms useful, please consider writing a nice review. Every positive review helps greatly with my ability to further develop and support Tap Forms Organizer.
Best database for “the rest of us"
This is a great database app for the rest of us: Use the predefined forms to keep track of the wines you like, create an inventory of the stuff in your home (for home insurance purposes), keep a daily journal, store personal data (health records, driver license, passoprt info etc.), and more . . . or create your own custom forms.
The things that make this such a great database: Simple to use and (relatively) simple to customize (I’m not a DB guy, but I figured rather quickly how to build forms from scratch); great support (online manual, video tutorials); multiple sync/storage options (iCloud, “nearby” and IBM Cloudant; no Dropbox — not the dev’s fault; Dropbox changed its database/storage API which makes Dropbox unusable for apps with complex sync requirements); and very flexible (keep your data in one database, or split it into multiple databases) — AND a very responsive developer, eager to help out when you’re stuck and ready to squish bugs that you may find (as long as they are in his power to fix). Highly recommended.
TF5 can organize every aspect of your life! I use it for my houseplant care (tracking watering, feeding), personal issues (tracking medical billing issues) and my small business (sales / expenses / project details). The dev is super-responsive and the active forum community is helpful too!
A great database app that does 90% of what I need it to do. For consumers and small businesses it is great. People who need *complex* relationships between data may be disappointed by the limitations HOWEVER it is overshadowed by great dev support, ease of use, and fantastic interface!
If you like to easily organize all your data in one tool this is the App to use. I transitioned my data from Bento to Tap Forms and have never looked back. This latest update makes it seamless to syn your information across multiple devices with or without using the Cloud. Now I have all my information at my fingertips no matter where I am.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 18, 2017
- Version: 5.1.4
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- © 2017 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor