Tap Forms 5 is the digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details. Now with Scripting and Siri Shortcuts support!
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch (Mac app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the more than 30 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
• Capture your way: Snap a picture, type or scribble some text, record an audio note, scan a barcode — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password or a Touch ID scan, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. One-tap exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Siri Shortcuts let you record a voice command to execute any Form script.
• Multi-column (table) view of your records.
• AirDrop records to your nearby contacts.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Saved search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Built-in Backup & Restore
• 1Password Extension integration for logging into your Cloudant sync account.
• Document Picker support for accessing iCloud and other document service providers.
• Pick lists for quick data entry
• AES-256 bit encryption
• Import & Export standard CSV files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print record details
• Lightning fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Notify you of things that need your attention using alerts
• Barcode scanning of UPC/EAN and QR codes (iOS only)
Store 25 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
Includes more than 30 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
• Added Use Auto-Complete function to Text, Email, and Phone fields.
• Added error notice when can't connect to sync server to Sync Settings cell on Tools screen.
• Added Back button alert if changes made to Note field and not saved.
• Added Plain Text Note option to the Note field to allow Note fields to be used just for plain text only rather than rich text only.
• Fix for QR codes not being recognized when scanning on iPad.
• Fixed bug where clearing the selected search would select the last selected record.
• Fixed bug where clearing the search term on the multi-column list view would not scroll the last selected row into view.
• Fixed theme colour bug with the toolbar on the Backup & Restore screen.
• Fixed duplicate form bug where it was duplicating the scripts too many times.
• Displaying the select scripts view from the record details screen will now properly pass the selected record to it.
• Fixed bug that did not export Pick Lists attached to Table sub-fields when exporting a Tap Forms Archive.
• Fixed issue with record being selected on iPhone when swipe to delete.
• Fixed bug unlinking many-to-many links. They were being deleted instead of unlinked.
• Fixed bug where Tap Forms wasn't asking you for the password if you were viewing a file attachment and then quit and re-opened Tap Forms.
If you enjoy using Tap Forms and have a couple of spare minutes, please leave a review. I really appreciate every review. Each one makes a huge difference to the success and continued development of Tap Forms. Thanks in advance! - Brendan
Ratings and Reviews
Wait, I haven't written a review about TapForms yet? impossible, it's only my most used app, ever since the first iPhone or whenever this app was first offered for sale. It started as my password holder, but over the years it has grown and blossomed like the phone itself. I was using this app way back when it had a crappy icon, yeah I've been a fan since before Brendan was famous. TapForms now is a daily user for me and indexing every kind of note, document, folder and all those passwords. So many passwords.
Behind all the great design and functionality is Brendan, the dev team and owner all in one. Over the years, I've come to Brendan for help with how to do this or do that, and he's always been there, always in a timely manner. I'm not really doing this app justice either, because I use about 20% of what it can do. It can organize just about everything digital and keep it safe. It doesn't get any better than that.
The take away here is that Brendan has created and continues to improve an app that is more than worth the price of purchase, whichever operating system you use. In the era of online protection, TapForms holds its own against the best of them.
Over the last few years I’ve tried out various apps to use for inventory at a school. Most apps with these features have a subscription model which is not appealing once you add up how much you’d spend to keep it accessible. Almost every inventory app has the subscription model... and they are not cheap! This one does not have a subscription model! For this alone it is worth it. If you compare features and price... you’ll see this is a winner.
The barcode scanning is not the best I’ve used, but is certainly not the worst. No Google Drive integration, and finding out how to use it is a bit of a task until you watch their tutorial videos a few times. It’s a little tough to navigate their website to find out how to use the app, so some parts of the app are still confusing to me after a few days of use. These are my biggest complaints, but overall this app has a lot of capability and I’m very impressed. Easily worth the money spent. I’ve already set up my database and have logged over 100 items so far after only a few days I’ve got it set up just right.
This app doesn’t seem to break a lot of your database is viewed if you choose to rename something, or re-organize how it’s viewed (some apps do this). Lots of solid options. I’d like to see Apple’s Shortcuts integration, as well as Google Drive support, although iCloud has been working out great!
Great Job on the app! It’s saving me a lot of time and headache so far!
TapForms really rocks!
I’ve been using TapForms for years! It’s always been good but the last couple of updates have made it great! How can anybody get excited about a database app? Well, if you haven’t made the following secure: your password protected websites, credit cards, banking pins, healthcare logins, software passwords, shopping sites, email addresses, dropboxes, buying club memberships, cloud logins, social media logins, etc, you will be hacked! It’s only a matter of time. If you are using a single password for more than one account or if you use common words that you can remember, or if your password is less than 16 places, You Will Be Hacked! TapForms keeps the dozens, or in my case, hundreds of complex passwords in a neat, password protected database that securely syncs between computers, cell phones, & tablets to make security mean something. Oh, it does more than what I mentioned, but keeping me truly secure is worth a million bucks alone! Check it out! Move into the 21st century!
- Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- 95.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.