Tap Forms Organizer 5 + Secure Database
By Tap Zapp Software Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Tap Forms 5 is the digital filing cabinet for life’s scattered details.
Accounts, recipes, expenses, inventory — life is full of things that we don’t want to forget or misplace. Tap Forms 5 helps you organize all kinds of things in one place — secure, searchable, and accessible on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch (Mac app sold separately).
How can one app organize everything? Because not only can you use and customize the more than 30 built-in templates but you can create your own “forms” for inputting any kind of information, even if that information includes pictures, doodles, audio recordings, calculations, file attachments, ratings, or even links to other forms. This makes it almost like building your very own customized organization app.
• Capture your way: Snap a picture, type or scribble some text, record an audio note, scan a barcode — there are 23 different types of information that can be captured with Tap Forms
• Organize your way: Create and design custom forms exactly how you want to for optimal organization. Get started with one of our ready-to-go form templates, or easily make a custom one from scratch with our integrated form building tools.
• Store confidential data with confidence: Tap Forms' security settings let you optionally require a password or a Touch ID scan, and even auto-lock when idle for a custom period of time. Using AES encryption, you can rest easy knowing your data is safe and secure.
• Import, Export, Share: It’s easy to import your data from existing files, so getting started is a breeze. Import your data from text, CSV, Bento and more. One-tap exporting allows you to share with Mac, Windows, and Linux users.
• Multi-column (table) view of your records.
• AirDrop records to your nearby contacts.
• Sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac using iCloud, IBM Cloudant, Nearby (WiFi), or with your own Apache CouchDB sync server.
• Saved search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Built-in Backup & Restore
• 1Password Extension integration for logging into your Cloudant sync account.
• Document Picker support for accessing iCloud and other document service providers.
• Pick lists for quick data entry
• AES-256 bit encryption
• Import & Export standard CSV files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print record details
• Lightning fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
• Notify you of things that need your attention using alerts
• Barcode scanning of UPC/EAN and QR codes (iOS only)
Store 23 different types of information, such as:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
Includes more than 30 built-in forms, including:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• Wine collection
What's New in Version 5.1.2
• Added support for adding an entry to your Reminders from a Date & Time field.
• Added ability to search Time fields to the advanced search function.
• Taking a photo within Tap Forms now records the photo’s EXIF metadata.
• Fixed crash when viewing a record that could occur if you had empty field names in your form.
• Passcode entry screen responds to external keyboard’s Return key to validate the passcode.
• Fixed bug with Note field value getting truncated on Apple Watch app.
• Fixed bug where the Date & Time field wouldn't let you select a Repeat option or select a Calendar.
If you find Tap Forms useful, please consider writing a nice review. Every positive review helps greatly with my ability to further develop and support Tap Forms Organizer.
Unreliable, but not many options out there
Sadly, there are very few options for databases on the App Store. For three years I've been trying very hard to like Tap Forms, but it just is not usable for mission critical projects.
I tried to set up a database for daily use at work but couldn't get the Mac and iOS programs to sync. More recently, I tried to use it for house hunting. Big mistake. Fields were inconsistently implemented; pick lists were super hard to manage (at least if you have more than 20); syncing across an iPhone, iPad, and a Mac did NOT work; any time I worked offline, it kept warning me that it couldn't sync; it was a battery hog when using it all day (used 80% of my battery after 4-5 hours, when another program only used 30%).
I wish I could like it! Dev is very responsive, but apps should not require support emails constantly. Even the manual is not very helpful (e.g., does not explain what the different pick list options mean). I guess it's back to spreadsheets for me.
App not letting me add a new field
Update3: Guess if I don't write here, I don't get a response. Nope, the save button doesn't completely resolve the issue. Plus if the save button is so important, it should replace the copy icon. Poor design logic.
Update2: I start with no documents at all. So first I create a document. Second I press Add Form and a form is created and opens the area where fields can be added. Third the first field that I add is a Date field. No problems so far. Fourth I add another field, say set it as a Note field. When it goes back to the area to add fields, only the Date field is showing. The Note field is not shown. So I close the app and open it up and still only the Date field is showing. So I close the app, double-press the home button, flip up the app screen to completely close it, and then open up the app again. Finally, the Note field is visible.
Very frustrating to create a form.
Update: The field is added, but one has to close the app completely (including closing the app by double-tapping the home button) and then reopen the app to see the added field. What a joke!
Just downloaded the app and the app is not letting me add a new field. No idea what that double rectangle icon is supposed to do but it does nothing when pressed. Will try to get a refund if issue is not solved. So far, waste of time.
Best database for iOS
I have been a long time user. I was a bento refugee looking for a new program when I found tapforms. I loved this program and put everything in it.
Then came the last big update. I was a bit confused by the new setup and hit several glitches ad wasn't able to import my data correctly I was disappointed. I went back to my old tap forms and left the new one to bake for awhile longer. True to form the developer cleaned up the bugs and had things running smoothly in short order. He is very responsive to customers.
In short. It works great now and I'm glad to see iCloud sync back. Was not a fan of the ibm sync system.
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 19, 2017
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 70.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- © 2016 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.