Tap Forms Organizer and Secure Database
By Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Tap Forms is a very powerful organizational tool designed to help you keep track of all your life's most important information.
+++ Mac Format Magazine (March, 2014) - Simple to use Databases:
"Tap Forms is the clear winner by a mile. The user interface is beautifully Mac-like, the structuring of data is similar enough to Bento that it offers only a shallow learning curve, it offers a direct import of Bento templates, and the iOS companion app is great."
+++ Tap Forms for iPhone, iPad and Mac each sold separately +++
Use Tap Forms to track your inventory at work and manage your household items at home. Great for insurance and accounting purposes! It's even great for managing your holiday gift lists or keeping track of all your expenses and to-dos.
If you're a master chef in the kitchen, you can use Tap Forms to manage your entire library of delicious cuisines.
Are you a movie buff but you have too many movies to keep track of? That's easy, since Tap Forms can help you categorize, rate, and manage your entire movie collection. Never forget who you've lent your movies to ever again.
And with built-in support for iCloud, now you can keep all your Tap Forms data on your iPhone and iPad in sync with your Mac. So when you're out at the store trying to remember if you already own a copy of The Terminator, just look it up on your iPhone using Tap Forms for iOS!
Speaking of looking up stuff, Tap Forms now has Saved Search Rules. With Saved Search Rules, you can create any number of filters that helps you find and sort through thousands of pieces of information as quickly as you can tap a button. It's your data just the way you want, in an instant!
Note: iCloud sync requires Tap Forms 3.9.2 for iPhone, Tap Forms HD 3.9.2 for iPad and iOS 8. Each sold separately.
• Label printing engine includes over 1000 Avery® label templates
• Customize your own labels
• Print 24 different types of barcodes including ISBN, UPC, Code 39, QR code, EAN, and more!
• Layout designer for building custom form layouts
• Bento template importer
• iCloud sync with Tap Forms for iOS and Mac
• Saved search rules with multi-field record filtering
• Pick lists for quick data entry
• Strong AES-256 bit encryption
• Import & Export standard CSV files from Excel, Numbers, or other systems
• Print record details
• Lightning fast search
• Share form templates with friends, family, and co-workers
Store 23 different types of information:
• Link to form (relational links between forms)
• Inverse relationships
• File Attachment with multi-file support
• Email address
• GPS location
• Date & time
• Web site address
• Check mark
• Audio notes (record on iOS, playback on Mac)
• Drawings (draw on iOS, view on Mac)
• Phone number
• Section headings
Includes more than 33 built-in forms, such as:
• Audio dictation
• Bank accounts
• Client call log
• Credit & debit cards
• Daily journal
• Frequent flyer numbers
• Health insurance
• Homework assignments
• Loyalty cards
• Personal health cards
• Security alarm codes
• Serial numbers
• Vehicle insurance
• Website accounts
• And More...
What's New in Version 3.0.3
• New fix for crash after you logged in to an encrypted database and didn't have a form selected previously. This was a different case than the 3.0.2 fix.
• Fixed crash when switching to Fields tab when logged in then out then in again to an encrypted database.
• Added Select All and None to Fields list for printing and for Select a Field list for choosing which fields to display in multi-column list view.
• Fixed issue with photo from camera coming in upside down.
• Added button to refresh records list. This will re-compute all records that have $now in a Calculation field's formula.
• Added Find Form function.
If you find Tap Forms enjoyable to use, please consider writing a nice review. Every positive review really helps. Even if you've done one before, updating your review makes a huge difference to the continued future development of Tap Forms.
Great for organizing. Needs file attachment encryption.
This app is great for organizing really anything. Contacts, inventories, notes, etc. It’s obvious the developer has put a lot of hard work into it, and continues to. He’s very quick to respond on inquiries and always seems to be working on new features. There should be Dropbox syncing sometime soon, which I’m excited about.
Really the only thing I want to see in this app, which will make me use it for real, is the ability to encypt file attachments. Right now, all it encrypts is the database. I would like to use Tap Forms to go paperless, but it’s kind of pointless when none of the scanned valuable documents can be encrypted. Or if a have a business client database, I can’t encrypt important file attachments such as contracts, financial documents, etc. I feel this problem could be easily solved by Tap Forms simply consolidating all file attachments and the database itself into one area. Everything could then be kept in an encrypted dmg or sparsebundle, if the user chooses to. This would also make it easy to move everything, such as onto a USB drive or over to another computer.
It would also be extremely useful it it could let you have multiple databases. Right now, there isn’t a way to have distinctly seperate databases and which you can encrypt independently.
Better than Bento or iDatabase
Yeah Tap Forms! iCloud sync ROCKS! I went from Bento to iDatabase and then finally found Tap Forms. Not only does it SYNC, which the other two never did, it also has a lot of very nice functionality those didn’t have. Tap Forms also closes itself behind a password on my work and home computers, something else I lived without for far too long.
Why would anyone make a DB/organizational app that did not do that and did not synch? I mean, seriously? Tap Forms makes me glad Bento died; I only wish I’d found it first. There is documentation available online when I had any questions, and the app's developer was exceedingly responsive when I had queestions or comments. My only tip would be this: if you like the “forms” separated into types under business and personal but used to have an all-in-one DB, you can either use the saved searches to organize one DB well, or you can do what I did, which was break my DB into sets and import them into each form separately, making sure the first item in each column matched the field name so everything went to the correct place. Really pretty breezy and here’s the best part: I don’t have to remember which set something is in. I can search them all at once if I like. BRAVO.
Bento replacement and life organizer
I first got Tap Forms as a replacement for Bento, because I needed a flexible freeform data organizer that would work across OS X and iOS. Besides being able to synch across more than two devices (Bento limitation), Tap Forms also lets me synch any place I have a wireless connection with my iPhone. I probably don’t use half the power built into the app. I use it for:
• usernames and passwords (all encrypted) available wherever;
• pedameter and activity records (yes, the Health app can do that now, but in my own database I can fiddle with pick lists and options better, and the data isn’t stuck on my iPhone);
• our church directory, with pictures;
• wines my wife and I like (or don’t) so we know what we enjoyed when we’re shopping (with label pictures);
• sales of my wife’s children’s books;
• financial information, like insurance policies, that can be updated as needed and printed out for disaster backup;
and other odd stuff, that I can change on the fly as I like, all backed up to iCloud and available on multiple devices a second later.
Can you find specific apps that do a better job? Sure, maybe; but if you like to fiddle, nothing beats having control of your own databases.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 16, 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Tap Zapp Software Inc.
- © 2014 Tap Zapp Software Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor