Tape by Focusrite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now with iOS 8 support
Tape. Classic style recording with contemporary functionality - for iPad.
Tape is a beautiful recording solution, with easy to use 2-track recording, instant mastering, customisable tape artwork and social media connectivity.
Record from the inbuilt iPad microphone or any Core Audio compliant audio interface (including products from the Focusrite iTrack and Scarlett product ranges), and instantly add polish with one button mastering. Then simply add a title and album artwork and share online with friends and fans via Soundcloud.
– Record two separate inputs, or link them as a stereo pair
– Use the meters to ensure input levels are just right
– Plug and play support for Core Audio Compliant audio interfaces (including the Focusrite iTrack Solo and Scarlett range)
– Low latency monitoring allows you to listen to your performance as you record
– Apply vocal channel strip FX to the inputs
– Apply mastering effects and instantly improve your recording
– Trim the start and end points of your song
– Playback and scrub through the audio with the tape heads
– Keep time with an adjustable metronome
– Apply a custom title and image to your music
– Share your recording online via Soundcloud (free Soundcloud account required) or Email
– Copy and paste audio from Tape to GarageBand
– Export to Mac or PC via iTunes
– Audiobus support
– Works on iPad 2, iPad (3rd gen), iPad (4th gen), iPad Air, iPad mini and iPad mini with Retina Display
– Monitoring when using Audiobus can cause glitches in audio. Known work-around is to start Audiobus first
What's New in Version 1.1
– iOS 8 support
Good for archiving analog sources
Not a DAW in any way. Not even a multitrack recorder so far as I can see. When coupled with an itrack dock/solo I can see using this app to turn my records/tapes into files. I love my itrack dock but I use it with Cubasis or garageband at the center.
I must admit this app has some interesting mastering options I haven't gotten a chance to try out yet.
Focusrite makes nice stuff. I've been a fan since digidesign loaded the first ever Mbox with focusrite mic pre's. If you're a musician with an iPad Air or mini 2/3 get an itrack dock! I insist! It's awesome!
Still my favorite way to archive
This is the best straight forward way to master and archive my music .plus I can simply mail song files to whoever with no problems and they sound great! So great ! I'm definitely getting the interface that goes with it! Can't wait ! Thanks for the update too! Peace Christo
this is a simple app that does what its supposed to do. it is ready for ios8 unlike what is written below. of course its not a daw. its a two track tape recorder. i love it. My go to app for recording rehearsals.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 21, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
- © Focusrite Audio Engineering Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.