Tapikeo - Create with your Kids their Picture Book, Storyboard, Soundboard and Audio Flashcards !
By Jean-Eudes Lepelletier
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Your pictures have a Voice!
Tapikeo allows you and your children to easily and quickly create your own audio-enabled picturebooks, storyboards, visual schedules, memory aids, audio flashcards, and more using a versatile grid style layout.
Create engaging combinations of your own photographs and narration for pre-reading children to enjoy independently, or watch the imagination of your older children soar with this unique method of creative expression.
"This app is really so open-ended that I can't write an exhaustive list of the ways you can put it to work for you." - 5/5 - AppsForHomeschooling.com
"For its originality and multiple use Tapikeo is moving to Fun Educational Apps TOP PICKS!". FunEducationalApps.com
Use Tapikeo's flexible grid design to create your own combinations of pictures (from your camera roll or a new image), audio (record your own narration or sound), and caption. The possibilities are endless!
Each time your child taps a picture the sound plays as they enjoy their own
customized audio flashcards, talking photo albums, storybooks, talking
visual schedules, and countless other possibilities!
Tapikeo allows you to create unlimited, personalized grids of up to 45
pictures with sound and captions. Four demo grids: Animal Sounds, Clelia
and the Cereal, Songs for Kids, and Everyday Sounds are pre-loaded for your
children's enjoyment and as inspiration for your own grid creation ideas!
An additional in-app purchase of Tapikeo Premium (only $0.99) makes it easy
to save your grids and share them by email with family and friends who also
own Tapikeo Premium.
Tapikeo Premium also lets you import ALL of the ready-to-use grids from
http://www.tapikeo.com for FREE: animal sounds, bird sounds, tools, telling time, colors, dinosaurs, emotions, construction vehicles, vegetables, fruits, lunch, insects, vegetables, letters, numbers, jobs, weather, medical supplies, sports, in town, clothes, shapes, English and French children'songs, story books, and there are more to come!
- Talking picture and photo albums
- Visual schedules with verbal prompts
- Simple scrapbooking of memorable events with narration (a trip to the zoo,
my birthday etc.)
- Customized talking flashcards for: vocabulary development, foreign
language study, and memorization
- Create your own customized soundboards
- Send audio-visual postcards and letters by email to family and friends
(with Tapikeo Premium)
- Get creative and put Tapikeo to use for your family!
- Safe mode: tap the lock to prevent editing and changes to settings. To
unlock tap the lock 5x in 1 second.
- 3 display modes: small picture size in grid, large picture while sound
plays, large picture until tapped.
- Bi-lingual menus: English or French.
An in-app purchase of Tapikeo Premium (only $0.99) unlocks the use of:
- Import/export function: save grids and share them by e-mail.
- Import and use all prepared and upcoming grids (audio flashcards,
storybooks, and more) from http://www.tapikeo.com for free.
If you have an iPad, try also Tapikeo HD, which currently includes Tapikeo HD Premium for free !
We welcome your comments and suggestions - firstname.lastname@example.org - and will
promptly respond to any inquiries!
IMPORTANT: Tapikeo was designed for iPhone 3GS/iPad2/iPod 4G (and newer
devices if applicable). There may be issues on older devices.
Jean-Eudes Lepelletier is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
What's New in Version 2.0
- New icon,
- Bug fixes,
2nd Language Learning
I, and many others, have begun using this app for learning a second language in an immersion program called GPA (Growing Participator Approach). We live in the culture and hire local people as language nurturers. They spend time with us and we listen to them speaking. The total immersion idea is to learn without involving our original language so tying pictures to recorded sounds of the instructor and then being able to review is a big part of the initial phase of the program. Needless to say, this app is AMAZING!!! different ones of us are using different devices. iPhones, iPads, mini iPads…
There are a few tweaks that would make this program even better.
1. The ability to move created cells within a grid.
2. The ability to make new grids out of the cells we need further practice on.
3. Feed back on which cells we missed during practice in the shake mode.
4. The ability to extend/ add onto the original recording. (instead of just recording over the original track)
5. The ability to have an account and sync devices over iCloud…
6. The ability to use shake mode on iPhones.
This app could even be re-marketed for the purpose of language learning as “audio flashcards”
Look forward to future improvements!
This is overall a fantastic app to create picture books and social stories with children. It is the app to have! Both on iPad and iPhone!
Versatile app. Am thinking about 100 ways I can use this one! Perfect for my son who has autism and also perfect to help my three year old grandson build language!!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 01, 2011
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 20.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jean-Eudes Lepelletier
- © Jean-Eudes Lepelletier
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tapikeo Premium$0.99