By Alex Kremer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TapMania is a free music/rhythm game. It’s StepMania in your pocket! When the scrolling arrows cross the target arrows, tap on the corresponding panel.
- 14 built-in songs from StepMix 1, StepMix 2 and Original songs by Vospi
- Upload your own .SM and .DWI songs via a web interface over WiFi
- Basic gameplay and support for tap notes, hold notes, and mine
- All resolutions supported!
- Compete against friends with GameCenter integration!
- iCade and iControlPad supported
!!!!!!!!!! How to play !!!!!!!!!!!
- Tap the sensors/panels when the corresponding arrows crosses the target arrows (gray ones on the top)
- To leave the song you are playing: Tap and hold the lifebar for 3 seconds (A 'warning' animation will appear during the hold).
- To upload your own songs - Use the built-in song manager. Please note that it works over WiFi ONLY. Disable 3g/edge and internet tethering before using this feature or it wont work correctly!
Thanks for playing and thanks for the positive reviews!
We are happy to help you out on http://forums.tapmania.org or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 0.4.0
- All iOS devices resolution supported (Retina!)
- iPad support (both retina and regular)
- GameCenter integration - compete against the world and your friends!
- More songs (14 songs out of the box!)
- iCade and iControlPad supported (hardware input!)
- Great new animations and sounds!
- All new graphics!
- Audio offset sync built-in
- Countless bugfixes and improvements
Really nice, but needs improvement
I personally really enjoyed this app, the songs were cool, the syncing is nice, but it's a little late, and the overall presentation of it was very nicely done. Even though it's a good step mania, it does indeed have problems. For one, every time I open it, it always leads to the App Store, it gets annoying at times. And I seem to be having trouble uploading songs onto it. I can upload one song perfectly fine, but after that, I can't upload anything else after that. It says it succeeds, but I never see it on the file manager, I don't know if it's because I use a Mac computer or there's a bug, but I hope it gets fixed soon. And the allowance of .ogg files would be a nice thing to have to. Overall, it's a really fun app to play, it's just a little flawed in a few areas.
I absolutely love this, but...
Is this app dead? There's plenty of problems that haven't been taken care of. Like, how it redirects you to the App Store whenever you open it, or how it sometimes crashes in a song with lots of bombs (especially Asteroid).
Even though there aren't many songs, I enjoy playing this every day. I've played it to the point where I've climbed near the tops of the rankings. I'm proud of myself. Especially considering I'm only 14. 😂 Anywho, there are two songs, Blow Me Up and Snowbound, which don't appear on the leaderboards. All I'm asking is that you guys please fix the problems and maybe add a few more songs. This app could get pretty popular if there was a bigger variety, you never know. If these are taken care of, there's a 5-star rating from me coming your way. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Tapmania's title screen always automatically opens the App Store page for this app, so I guess I should make a bloody review for the thing. For one, Tapmania opening the App Store EVERY TIME the title screen displays is very annoying. Sluggish song wheel and menus, and the song options occasionally crash the app once you try to exit them. Song backgrounds don't display, they need to be resized. Why can't the app just crop them? Ogg's don't work either. No manual offset changing, and also no modifying the awfully strict health bar. The scoring system should emulate that of DDR SuperNOVA2 and later, but that's just me. All this gets fixed and this gets 5 stars. Until then, it's an awfully frustrating app with lots of potential. I really hope this doesn't get left behind, and receives an update soon. I would even pay to have such an update. Please.