Meet TapMeasure, the spatial utility that combines computer vision and AR, creating a whole new way to capture and measure your space.
▶ 3D Room Builder
Create scale-accurate 3D models of rooms that you can measure and review immediately, or revisit later.
▶ Quick Measure
Capture point-to-point measurements with just two taps.
▶ Smart Level
Ensure picture frames and artwork are perfectly level, automatically.
TapMeasure is the fastest, smartest way to measure a physical space. Period.
• Geometric Recognition: Automatically detect rectangular objects like doors, windows, artwork, and more, and add them to your model.
• Quick Outlining: Create simple outlines of items on the walls or floor.
• Easy Sharing: Send your 3D model to anyone with a simple URL.
• SketchUp Export: Export your 3D model as an .SKP file, allowing you to view and edit in both free and pro versions of SketchUp.
We built TapMeasure as an easy to use, everyday spatial utility — but it also works great for pros, including interior designers, architects, contractors, real estate agents, appraisers, insurance agents, and anyone that needs quick, approximate 3D models and measurements.
TapMeasure combines the new ARKit framework in iOS 11 with advanced computer vision, to recognize and track objects. Since TapMeasure uses ARKit, you'll need an ARKit-compatible device (iPhone 6s or newer).
TapMeasure is built by the team at Occipital (occipital.com). We're the same team behind 360 Panorama, Structure Sensor, Canvas, Bridge, and other spatial computing products. We can't wait to see what you create with TapMeasure!
• Smart Level has been improved so that you can now directly select a wall (selecting the floor and determining the wall with two points still works, as well)
• The interaction between the settings and library views has been improved
Ratings and Reviews
Create a floor plan for your home with ease.
Measurements not accurate
Well, this app would be amazing if it worked. However it’s failed the first 3 simple tests I gave it. The measurements it gave were simply inaccurate, and badly so. For example, the displayed measurement of the ground in front me read 4’5” in the app. I pulled out my tape measure and measured it, and the true distance was 6’.
A measuring tool that doesn’t deliver accurate measurements is useless. If I wanted an approximation I could do that by eye.
Also, this tool doesn’t measure vertical surfaces, which is what would come in vastly more helpful. Being able to measure a vertical line that would be physically inaccessible to me to measure with a tape measure- that’d be awesome! This app has no such functionally. Measuring horizontal surfaces in front of me can easily be done more accurately with a simple tape measure.
I reserve it one star because I haven’t yet tested the 3D room builder. That may be a more handy tool- approximate measurements in that case may be “good enough”.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed review and feedback (and for at least giving us 2 stars -- 1 is such a heart-wrencher). FIRST - regarding measurement on the ground, you should be seeing more accuracy than this. Could you try again with a few tips? 1) Turn on as much light as you can -- this helps the CV system. 2) Make sure to move your phone around a little more before you tap the ground plane, as this helps make the plane more accurate. 3) When you move from one end of a measurement to the other, make sure to keep plenty of "detailed" things in the camera's view. When moving over blank areas such as a white wall, measurements can be affected. SECOND - regarding vertical measurements! While the "Quick Measure" mode doesn't yet support vertical measurements, we do have a way you can make this work using the 3D Room Builder mode. Please check out this mini tutorial on how to do vertical measurements with 3D room builder: https://youtu.be/R4c4q5KSgqg. If you still have troubles, please reach out to email@example.com
Ridiculously close but not quite
This is ALMOST a working easy space measurement app. I tried the room measurement scanner...first off, it takes forever to map the floor surface even in highly lit rooms. Then when that was done, I started to drop the points to note the corners of the room...but for no apparent reason, the app MOVED the points around as I circled. When I came back to the first point to close the outline, it had somehow been moved like two feet to the left and about a foot off the ground. Utterly useless. And the tutorials make no mention of this problem or any way to compensate for or stop it. This is yet another failed attempt at an easier spatial mapping app for a phone. I literally could have measured all three bedrooms and living room of my new house with a pencil, pad and old fashioned measuring tape in the time it took me to finally get a single (wrong) scan of a single room. Junk.
- Occipital, Inc.
- 35 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Occipital, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.