What is TapOff?
TapOff summarizes the current water crisis in Cape Town. The goal is to inspire people to take action to save more water. It’s an experiment to encourage people to claim their position on a water-saving leaderboard, by suburb, and in turn encourage their friends and family to do the same.
Where do you get this information from?
We get our information from the City of Cape Town website. We update this app as soon as we can get our hands on the latest info. Please contact us if you access to regular reliable data, or if you find a problem.
Is my information private?
User data is 100% anonymous so people can contribute without having to worry about privacy. You’re automatically assigned a username (eg: MaroonKudu) when you publish your results – only you know who you are.
What’s the point?
To keep saving water, inspire others to do the same, make it fun and to challenge each other to save water.
Some quality enhancements with this release!
- Verify you water consumption by photographing your rates bill
- Leaderboards now recycle user results every 30 days
- Login and ditch the anonymous username, or keep it
- Once logged in your profile contains more detail on your water use
- Tap on Dam Levels to see current and historical info
- Share a screenshot of your result on the leaderboard
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.