Thinking of painting interiors? Explore colors before you buy paints.
TapPainter lets you visualize interior spaces in new colors with respect to natural lighting conditions. It analyzes the change in interior lighting, preserves it and adjusts the color brightness based on the room’s lighting within the image.
This version of the app gives you access to color fan decks of all paint brands loaded into the app for no additional cost!
- Images are uploaded to a secure private server for processing.
- TapPainter is designed for Interior spaces, it is not intended for exteriors
- TapPainter was first released March 2014 and is the first physics based room color visualizer to tackle the challenging problem of accurate room color prediction. We are continually working to improve our room analysis. Please email questions or suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Results depend on the quality of the photo, for best results use natural lighting. When using artificial lights, make sure the complete room is lit as evenly as possible
- Be sure to check out our FAQ for tips and tutorial videos, also accessible via ‘?’ icon
TapPainter has lots of color fan decks to choose from. Benjamin Moore, Behr, California Paints, Dunn Edwards, Dutch Boy, Sherwin Williams, Kelly Moore and many others are among them. With TapPainter you can enter a color code from a paint swatch, choose a color from selected paint brand or mix your own custom color which can be converted to a closest available paint color in a brand you choose.
TapPainter also comes with custom controls to define a shape to paint (for example when you want to paint different walls in different colors) and a starting tutorial.
TapPainter is the most accurate interior paint color visualizer available today. See our website for some before and after actual paint projects compared with those repainted with TapPainter.
- added Home advisor analytics
- minor performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Paint Function Not Working
This is the only rendering app I could find with the diversity of in-app-integrated paint brands needed to plug in the colors across brands that we’d chosen in the field, but then the seemingly simple painting tool just doesn’t work? I tap every option of Add Paint Now and Repaint, holding down the roller, dragging it, trying different combos or before and after with Quick Paint vs. the shape you can drag and draw, and nothing happens. The new color I’m needing to show in a rendering is much lighter than the existing color in the photo; is the paint just not showing up because it’s...lighter? The app seemingly spazzed at different points and added browns that asked me to “convert” them and/but seeming went right on the walls, but. I dunno, I was really hopeful. Not sure where to find this simple design rendering feature across brands!
I don’t normally review apps but this app was so janky I had to warn you.
1. The apps UI doesn’t auto fit the screen. Instead it’s letterboxed and tiny.
2. It has camera functionality but somehow they screwed that up too and it is inverted orientation (difficult to explain but it makes it impossible to use)
3. It has a simple walkthrough that look like buttons but then you realize it’s more complicated and you’re left guessing about which button to press.
That’s about as far as I got before I just closed the app and deleted it. Just doing my civic duty to warn others.
Didn’t fill in an entire area with color... takes multiple taps to apply color to an area with an uploaded picture due to hues and shades. A little frustrating but does give you an idea of what your space will look like.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.