TapSpeak Button Plus for iPad
By Ted Conley
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
TapSpeak Button for iPad modernizes the idea of a mechanical switch that records and plays messages. We have taken the idea and extended it to provide a portable, convenient, and stigma-free tool to use for basic teaching and communication tasks. Speech Language Pathologists, parents, Physical Therapists and Occupational Therapists can all make use of our line of products. TapSpeak Button is especially useful for teaching cause and effect relationships.
TapSpeak Button for iPad runs on the Apple iPad.
• DynaVox/Mayer-Johnson PCS 4500 symbol core library included in the purchase price.
• Photos can be used for button images.
• An expanded set of geometric symbols can be used as button images.
• PCS symbols and photos can use a geometric symbol as a background image. You can now "place" a photo on top of a button.
• Folders have been added to organize your buttons. Create folders for each student you have or for various situations.
• The button list has button thumbnail images to help identify a button in the button list.
• In portrait orientation the toolbar completely disappears leaving a clutter-free button image. Bring up the tool bar by swiping down and dismiss it by swiping up
• Touch/Tap configuration. Adjust the screen response to allow for a variable finger drift/dwell on the iPad surface.
• External switch support via RJ Cooper's iPad switch interfaces
• Shrink and move around the screen a button image to work with target acquisition and eye-hand coordination.
• Use just the button image or the whole iPad surface to activate messages.
• Optional button border
Conley Solutions builds mobile device applications that help people with disabilities to communicate with their world. We passionately want to unlock the voices in our loved ones by using every possible benefit we can gain from current technology.
The populations that can benefit from our products include:
• Cerebral Palsy
• Apraxia of speech
• Cortical Vision Impairment
Our commitment to you is to produce the most useful products we can and listen intently to your experiences, needs, and ideas.
Our expanding product line includes:
• TapSpeak Button: Basic communication needs, cause and effect training, motor skill training. PCS symbol set included
• TapSpeak Sequence: Sequential recording and playback of songs, stories, nursery rhymes, and other messages. Record your own or use starter set of sequences with others sets available through iTunes. PCS symbol set available.
• TapSpeak Choice: Low to medium tech communication device. One to 56 buttons on a board, scanning support, external switch support, PCS symbols, very easy board setup and much much more!
What's New in Version 2.1.1
• Fixes problem with symbol library installation for new install. Does not affect existing installations.
• iOS 6 compatibility
• AbleNet Blue2 support
• Bug fixes
DO NOT PURCHASE THIS APP!
Do not purchase this app! I am appalled at how easy it was (without even knowing what I did) for everything I added to disappear. I worked for 3 hours making buttons for a student and then quickly lost it all. No way to retrieve it. If I can do that, I can only imagine what my student would do. You also have to print the directions to be able to use it; not self explanatory in the app. AND no one has responded to my email requests for help. SHAME on the developer for offering something like this for families for a fee ($50) and then it doesn't work and no help is offered. Refunds would be appropriate.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 20, 2012
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 62.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ted Conley
- © 2010-2011 TapSpeak, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.