By Owen Mathews
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
tapStory enhances picture books with creative play. Kids animate characters and read the story out loud, and then play back their performances. They can also create their own stories based on existing characters and scenery! Characters can be moved, rotated, resized and flipped using simple gestures. Audio is recorded automatically as the reader narrates. All artwork from purchased stories is available for use in custom stories, and custom stories can be animated and played back just like existing ones.
- Move, resize, rotate and flip characters and objects in the scene
- Record your voice and your actions and play them back as an animation with audio
- Play back just one scene or the entire story automatically
- Describe your recordings with text or a short video clip to save them for later
- Browse all story recordings from the Home screen and play them back at any time
- Create your own stories using art from all the stories you've purchased and then adding your own text
- Buy new stories to read and animate, and then use their illustrations in your own stories
- Buy new art packs to expand your library of items to use in your own stories
- Use an interactive tutorial to learn about the features of the app
tapStory comes with two free stories.
- Pea and Carrot: Meet Pea, who knows all about Carrot, but Carrot doesn't seem to know she exists. How can she get him to notice her? All of her vegetable friends want to help.
- Ten Birds: Learn to count with fun, feather-filled scenes.
More great stories are available for purchase within the app!
tapStory also comes with three free art packs.
- Animals and Hearts: 29 cute animals and decorative hearts in pastel colors.
- Kids: 24 kids of different ethnicities in three poses.
- Treehouse: A treehouse and huts on a blue sky day.
There are more art packs to purchase as well!
What's New in Version 2.7
New story creator features: scene copying and multiple identical items!
- Make a copy of the current scene: All items except for text will be included in a new scene added after the current one.
- When selecting artwork for your scenes, you may choose to add more than one of any item. Continue tapping on the item to add more copies of it. The bar at the bottom will indicate how many of each item you're adding.
This version addresses the issues with crashing in the Story Creator in two ways. First, it reduces the frequency of crashing. Second, it introduces crash recovery: If tapStory crashes while you are editing a story, your unsaved changes will not be lost.
There were also a few other minor bug fixes.
great app, fun for kids and adults
This is a fun and creative app for kids 4 and up. Books are read or created, and objects can be resized and moved in any book. The art is nice and the two stories included for free were well done. After the few bugs are fixed it will get five stars from us
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 18, 2016
- Version: 2.7
- Size: 82.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Owen Mathews
- © 2013 Playful Art LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Story Creation$2.99
- Story Pack: All 8 stories$15.99
- Horsing Around$3.99
- Lily and the Butterfly$3.99
- Castle Island$0.99
- My Puppy Has A Puppy$3.99
- The Starkeeper$3.99
- Colorful Monsters #1$0.99
- A to Z$3.99
- Nugget Goes to the Market$3.99