TapTapSee - Blind & Visually Impaired Camera
By CamFind Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
What's New in Version 3.1.0
TapTapSee is now free for unlimited use
Good but could be better
It is really good but could be better if only you could see exactly if it was a female or male or a dog on the picture that would be awesome or even say the background in a trailer load bad in front of a window that kind of thing that kind of picture would be awesome and help people more that are totally blind that would like to keep memories alive so they can explain it to their kids or their grandkids are there nieces and nephews or friends because when a friend or family member or someone says well where was this taken people can't answer that because they can't see what the background is they can't tell what year it is so you and the time and day would be great if you could just say that you know like it was taken on October 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM instead of just saying one small face one large face and bottom corners for upped up in the middle you know in any stability in the middle or it's a female botched it and it's a female or and it's Mel or it's a dog or the cat kind of thing it now otherwise it's a great app I like it like I said you could do be improved but for start it's pretty good
Empowering and wonderfully accurate
This is my go-to app whenever I need things identified. It doesn't always tell me the brand of an item, but I can generally at least get the product name. I do have problems with very small items, such as pieces of candy that are individually wrapped. But if the object is larger than a fist or so, it's worked quite well. The app and phone camera may not be able to replace real humans completely, but they do a great job reducing the instances in which I have to pull someone away from what they're doing, and that's great. Every shred of autonomy I can grasp is precious.
A great way to be independent
This is an awesome app! It is definitely the best picture app for the blind and visually impaired. The picture descriptions are usually correc, end it helps me a lot when I post pictures to Instagram or Facebook. Now, when someone sends me a picture I can just use the app instead of asking them what it is. I am so happy to know that the people who created this app were thinking of the visually impaired App Store users. I am also glad that they updated so you don't have to pay after a limited amount of pictures.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 18, 2016
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CamFind Inc.
- © CamFind Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.