TapTapSee - Blind & Visually Impaired Camera
By Image Searcher
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
What's New in Version 3.0.3
* Fixed coupon code redemption
* Added Czech translation
This app works incredibly well. It is amazing how many items it can identify almost instantaneously even on older hardware. I believe I find the most use with this app at identifying cans of food which are almost impossible to identify with other more expensive software such as knfb reader. I find that this app alongside moneyreader and knfb reader provide of the identification and reading that I need to function completely independently. So why is this app yummy? Because without it I wouldn't know which can of soup I was opening.🍴🍜 I wholeheartedly recommend this application alongside cayenne FB reader and money reader as three absolute must have applications. If I could change anything about the app, would add a history that you could review after you reopen the app of the last four pictures. Notification of when the lens is covered or otherwise unable to get a picture before the picture is sent for processing. This would save time for the user and same time for those who must've been the find the pictures. Thanks for a great app!
A must-have for any blind person
I love this app. I can use it to identify unlabelled photos on my phone, since there's no way to change the names on iOS. I've even used it to take pictures of TV and get readouts from display screens. It's pretty cool. It doesn't seem to always identify things. Like small items. Candy or Asian snacks. So there are times sighted help is still necessary. But I can tell you I have no problems opening the wrong soda cans anymore. Or mistakenly opening a beer or something. I'm really grateful this app exists and I never plan to delete it.
I love this app. It really is amazing! It can help me by distinguishing colors of socks, shirts, or pants, it can read dollar bills, it can tell what an item is without having to look at a barcode scanner, and it can read text on paper. This is everything I need, bundled in one package. Thank you for this wonderful app. The only problem is that it costs money for taking pictures and for me this is a really big setback but other than that this app is great
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 04, 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: IMAGE SEARCHER, INC
- © Net Ideas, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Picture Pack$7.99
- 1 Month of Unlimited Pictures$9.99
- 50 Picture Pack$4.99
- 3 Months of Unlimited Pictures$24.99