TapTapSee - Blind & Visually Impaired Camera
By CamFind Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
What's New in Version 3.1.0
TapTapSee is now free for unlimited use
A great way to be independent
This is an awesome app! It is definitely the best picture app for the blind and visually impaired. The picture descriptions are usually correc, end it helps me a lot when I post pictures to Instagram or Facebook. Now, when someone sends me a picture I can just use the app instead of asking them what it is. I am so happy to know that the people who created this app were thinking of the visually impaired App Store users. I am also glad that they updated so you don't have to pay after a limited amount of pictures.
Not blind, but completely blown away!
Seriously! This thing’s ability to recognize objects is strange. It seems to be some mix between OCR and object recognition. I took the same photo from my library and put it into both google’s photo ID software (it gave back just “cat”) and into this and it identified the color and the HAIR LENGTH of my cat. Like… what!?
Completely blown away by this thing’s power. All it needs is a better UI to go with it, but to be honest I don’t think that matters considering it’s meant for blind people, so a “fancy” UI will only make VoiceOver worse.
A Must-have blinkware app.
this app continues to amaze me. Don't let the legacy hackerware UI fool you. It's what's under the hood that's bringing information to you that is otherwise not available to you tactually. I'm sort of giving it away, but ... Tap Tap See connected with a series of wearables such as the following would be amazing: spectacles, voice assistant/dictation, gloves, belt, high-latency refreshable braille tiles, low profile bone-conduction. I'm facetiously scoring Tap Tap See a rating of 4 only because I haven't yet found a way to verify that my clothes match. -) It really deserves an 11.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 18, 2016
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 9.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: CamFind Inc.
- © CamFind Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.