TapTapSee - Blind & Visually Impaired Camera
By Image Searcher
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
TapTapSee is designed to help the blind and visually impaired identify objects they encounter in their daily lives.
Simply double tap the screen to take a photo of anything, at any angle, and hear the app speak the identification back to you (Note: Spoken identification requires VoiceOver to be turned on).
TapTapSee helps the blind and visually impaired become more independent in their day-to-day activities.
TapTapSee has been a huge hit with users taking thousands of pictures per-day. It has garnered multiple podcasts, reviews, as well as positive feedback within the community.
● American Foundation for the Blind 2014 Access Award Recipient ●
● Named App of the Month by RNIB in March, 2013 ●
● Inductee of AppleVis iOS Hall of Fame ●
● "The biggest plus for the app is that it was designed specifically with blind and partially sighted people in mind." - RNIB
● "The application simply works – whether you have taken a picture of a shirt, a plate, or a chair." - Disabled-World.com
● "You see, TapTapSee is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of you asking 'what’s that?'" - CultofMac.com
● "This is beyond cool. It’s TapTapSee. It’s an app that allows visually impaired persons to snap quick photos to identify objects around them." - iSmashPhone.com
● "The app is truly amazing because of its accuracy and detail it is able to provide in a short time." - Bdmtech.blogspot.com
● "I love this app. I use it constantly to help organize my pantry and fridge! Its great!" - @KLove2008
● "Love this app, would have had soup on toast instead of beans if not for TapTapSee!" - @Disdatndot
● "I took a picture of my guide dog and it actually said the type of dog. German Shepherd dog lol. cool." - @IAmMarissaC
● "I've constantly been amazed how fast and accurate the app is at recognizing just about everything!" - @Csm120
* Rotor reader
* Flash toggle
* Auto-focus notification
* Identify images from your Camera Roll
* Repeat last image identification
* Share identification via text, email, or social media
* Barcode reader
* iPhones: 3G and up
* iPod Touch
Follow on Twitter @TapTapSee or LIKE on Facebook.com/TapTapSeeApp
What's New in Version 3.0.2
* Fixed communications error on iOS 8.3
In unimaginably in Normas help
I downloaded TapTapSee on a recommendation from a friend on Twitter. I am a professional musician who spends a lot of time using online marketing techniques on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. In the current market, photos are the largest source of social media interaction. Rather than relying on a sighted person to make sure I have enough photos posted to make my social media competitive with the rest of the market, I am able to take care of this task completely on my own using tap tap see. Along with posting pictures that I take of my every day life, I also have a number of infographics made for me. They get text it over, I download them to my camera roll and use tap tap see to get a description so I can go back in my camera roll and make sure that I'm posting the proper picture with the link I wish to post. This is an incredible app whether you're using it for family photos, to tell whether you have a can of green beans or peaches or whether you're using it for part of your professional business. I can't recommend this app enough.
This app is incredible!
Have been blind a little over 6 years now and always searching for ways to make life a little more easier. This app definitely helps. I use it for shopping, choosing clothes, sending and receiving photos and lots of other reasons.
It is an amazing app that has helped me a lot. I am glad to know that there are people out there that think of us and make apps that are this accessible. It is a great app that will continue to help me. I recommend this app to any blind or visually impaired person who needs a set of eyes.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 14, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Danish, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: IMAGE SEARCHER, INC
- © Net Ideas, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 100 Picture Pack$7.99
- 1 Month of Unlimited Pictures$9.99
- 50 Picture Pack$4.99
- 3 Months of Unlimited Pictures$24.99