Taptu - DJ your News
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Taptu is a social news reader that puts all your favorite stuff in one app.
Add your favorite web sites, blogs, and social networks like Facebook or Twitter, and see them transformed into gorgeous visual streams.
Create highly personalised streams in the StreamStudio: Merge several news feeds into one stream, and rename and color-code that stream. Turn on Taptu Magic to let Taptu learn what you like and tailor your streams to your interests. Create customized keyword searches to keep you up to date on a specific topic.
Read and reply to what your friends write on Facebook and Twitter.
Save articles to read them later using Instapaper, Pocket or Taptu's bookmarks.
Sync your streams across devices, platforms, and your browser at taptu.com.
== Reviews ==
TechCrunch: "The design itself is sleek and clean, allowing you to separate each stream...If you are a power reader or a news junkie, Taptu's app is the way to go. Not only does it allow you to access a large number of news sources (thousands), in an easy to read interface, but it allows you to personalize and customize your feeds"
Wired.com: "Taptu's secret sauce lets you mash up mixed streams...I didn't give up on it after some initial enthusiasm. I kept going back not only to read up on things but also to try things out that occurred to me randomly and to tinker with feeds"
== Features ==
= Find and add streams =
* Add streams: Choose from a huge variety of featured topical streams in our StreamStore. It's all free.
* Find even more content using the search box and Bing RSS Search
= StreamStudio =
* DJ your News: Mix & merge streams and color-code them to your liking. Add and remove sources from Taptu's topical streams or create custom Search Streams by filtering your streams with a keyword.
= Taptu Magic =
* Make your streams more interesting: Let Taptu learn what you're into from your reading habits so we can make your streams more relevant to you.
* Suppose you're into football but not tennis and you've added Taptu's sports stream. Taptu Magic will learn what articles you read and show you more football and less tennis.
* You can still add and remove sources from your streams, and you can always switch off Taptu Magic, so you're in control.
= Social networks =
* Read your favorite social streams - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn.
* Share: Post articles and share streams to your friends.
* Post to, like, comment or re-tweet from your Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn streams
== Feedback ==
Found a bug, got stuck, have a suggestion? Drop us an email at email@example.com
Follow us on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MyTaptu
Twitter - http://twitter.com/taptu
Web - https://www.taptu.com
What's New in Version 2.6
• iOS 7
• Bug fixes
......... ROTATION .........
This thing has a problem with rotation. If you are reading an article in landscape mode and try to switch to portrait, it won't. It will flip 180 degrees, but not 90. You have to go back to out to the main window every time, turn the iPad a few times, then it will go into back into portrait mode.
Switching back and forth totally confuses this app. It's messed up... and quite annoying.
My favorite news reader is back!
I'm so happy you guys decided to update! It looks gorgeous. My only complaint would probably be awkward loading pages with suggested streams. But I can totally live with that.
I really like this app. And especially the time when the articles were posted, so you can catch up on just todays, or more if you haven't visited in a while. Great app
- Category: News
- Updated: Oct 30, 2013
- Version: 2.6
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Taptu Limited
- © Taptu Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.