By USBMIS, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Tarascon Pharmacopoeia continues its tradition as the most popular and most trusted portable drug reference. Now available for the iPhone, this must-have resource contains vital drug information on thousands of drugs to help clinicians make better decisions at the point of care. The Tarascon Pharmacopoeia iPhone App is part of the popular Tarascon® series which is an imprint of Jones & Bartlett Learning.
The new iPhone Application includes:
* Free and continuous content updates for one year after purchase.
* Expanded drug information from the Deluxe Edition of the print Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia.
* A fully integrated tool for multiple drug interaction checking.
* Complete customer privacy. We never sell your personal data or product use patterns.
* A fully integrated “Herbal & Alternative Therapy” section.
* 47 invaluable drug reference tables and 15 dynamic calculators.
* Both convenient relative pricing codes ($ to $$$$$) and exact prices from drugstore.com.
* Extensive pediatric drug dosing.
* Unique Canadian trade names and drugs.
* Consumer Reports best buy drugs.
With every Tarascon product, our drug information is meticulously peer reviewed by drug information experts and practicing clinicians of multiple specialties. We include typical drug dosing (both FDA approved and off-label uses), available trade and generic formulations, metabolism, and safety in pregnancy and lactation.
The Tarascon Pharmacopoeia iPhone App is powered by Atmosphere Apps.
What's New in Version 18.104.22.1682
Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
This was a complete waste! I purchased this because I love the print version, and wanted the convenience of having it on my iPad. This version is on-line, I haven't been able to use it if not connected to web, for $40 I thought I would be able to download it and use off-line. In the print edition there are many little tidbits I find helpful, they aren't there in this version, this is a super-generic med reference, Epocrates has been more useful than this, and a lot less money (and I use Epocrates more than this still). Basically- stick with the print version, it's about $20, you get more info and extras, it won't expire after a year.
This application is very similar to that of the book "Tarascon Pharmacopeia Desk Reference...but you will soon discover that this app is very easy to use and makes a quick reference to drugs, tables, and an interaction guide where you can cross-reference drugs and view list of known drug interactions. If you are a doctor or someone who prescribes drugs I would highly recommend purchasing this app.
Excellent resource, but please fix the updates
I use this app virtually every day in my practice. As mentioned by another reviewer, it tells you there is an update available every time you open it, even if you allowed it to update 5 minutes ago. Contrary to another post, it works just fine without a data connection.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Mar 29, 2014
- Version: 22.214.171.1242
- Size: 34.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: USBMIS, Inc.
- © 2014 Jones & Bartlett Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Subscription Renewal$39.99
- 2 Year Subscription Renewal$64.99