By Atmosphere Apps, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Try it free for 30 days!
The Tarascon Pharmacopoeia continues its tradition as the most popular and most trusted portable drug reference. Now available for the iPhone and iPad, this must-have resource contains vital drug information on thousands of drugs to help clinicians make better decisions at the point of care. The Tarascon Pharmacopoeia app is part of the popular Tarascon® series which is an imprint of Jones & Bartlett Learning.
The new iOS app includes:
• Expanded drug information from the Deluxe Edition of the print Tarascon Pocket Pharmacopoeia.
• A fully integrated tool for multiple drug interaction checking.
• Complete customer privacy. We never sell your personal data or product use patterns.
• A fully integrated “Herbal & Alternative Therapy” section.
• 47 invaluable drug reference tables and 15 dynamic calculators.
• Both convenient relative pricing codes ($ to $$$$$) and exact prices from drugstore.com.
• Extensive pediatric drug dosing.
• Unique Canadian trade names and drugs.
• Consumer Reports best buy drugs.
Note: Access to the Tarascon Pharmacopoeia content will be turned off once the subscription has expired.
With every Tarascon product, our drug information is meticulously peer reviewed by drug information experts and practicing clinicians of multiple specialties. We include typical drug dosing (both FDA approved and off-label uses), available trade and generic formulations, metabolism, and safety in pregnancy and lactation.
Please purchase an auto-renewing subscription to receive continuous content updates. Ensure that you always have the latest drug data.
• The subscription is $39.99 for one year of continuous content updates.
• Your subscription automatically renews every year, so you always have the latest content.
Terms of Service - http://www.jblearning.com/use/
The Tarascon Pharmacopoeia iPhone App is powered by Atmosphere Apps.
What's New in Version 220.127.116.110
-bug fix for some users being gated with an active subscription
Like other reviewers, I have used Tarason's mobile app since my Palm Pilot days. The interface is as good as it has ever been. However, their partner, Atmos Apps, cannot resolve a flaw in which your subscription is unrecognized. I haven't been able to use the app for a month. They are promising a year's free subscription when the issue is resolved. I won't need it b/c I'm not using Tarascon anymore. Don't buy.
Not worth it
Very high price for this kind of app
Do not purchase this product
I have used some form of the Tarascon pharmacopoeia for the past 12 years. After the accidental update of this app left it non-functioning unless I renew my subscription (in other words held for ransom) I have officially sworn off the product and am switching to epocrates. But not only for that reason. Let me also confirm what others have pointed out:
1) This app costs nearly twice what the printed book costs
2) Your $40 will "purchase" the app for ONLY ONE YEAR (in other words: rents. My book versions still work just fine after the first year of use)
3) Your subscription is automatically renewed without your consent unless you cancel. This alone makes me not want to buy products that do this to their customers.
4) Once an update comes out, there are very annoying popups every single time you open the app that cannot be disabled. Kind of like the new iOS updates...do you really want two of those on your phone? And at least the iOS update is free.
5) They dramatically change the format of the app every year. So by the time you get very used to knowing where all the buttons are and how to use it essentially without thought...
This is the very first review of an app I have ever given. I felt compelled to do so simply for the peace of mind that it might keep one healthcare provider from giving this company their money and feeling the frustration obviously felt by many of the users of this app. Your money is just like a vote. Giving it to this company tells them you find this perfectly acceptable and therefore they will just continue to practice unethically.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 18.104.22.1680
- Size: 112 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Atmosphere Apps, Inc.
- © 2015 Jones & Bartlett Learning
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Tarascon Pharmacopoeia Subscription$39.99
- Tarascon Pharmacopoeia Subscription$39.99
- Tarascon Primary Care$19.99
- Tarascon Hospital Medicine$19.99
- Tarascon Medical Procedures$19.99
- Tarascon Pediatric Inpatient$19.99
- Tarascon Gastroenterology$19.99
- Tarascon Global Health$19.99