WORKFLOWS MADE EASY
+ Handle ordered To-Do lists.
= Complete your tasks in sequence.
^ Restart the series once finished.
TaskRoll is a unique ToDo list application for ordered lists.
You can manage multiple projects, processes, or recipes, each consisting of a series of tasks that must be completed, one after the other, in a fixed, pre-defined order.
ENJOY THE INTERFACE
The current task is shown in a flip-over display, which is reminiscent of an old-style airport departure board. Underneath, supplementing comments can be shown. Tap the display and smile at how neatly it flips over to reveal the next task. In this way you will be guided though your list, step by step, in the correct order, and you can have some fun too.
With their progress counters and circular progress indicators, you can quickly assess how many tasks are left within each list.
Once you have checked off all tasks within a list, you can restart the flow and repeat the process. You can also restart the flow at any point with a button press.
Has your plan changed? Do you need to reorder the task items? Easy. Simply reorder the list in TaskRoll.
See TaskRoll in action in this YouTube clip:
- Tap a task to go forwards.
- Double-tap a task to go back one step.
- Tap long to show or hide comments in the main screen.
- Swipe sideways to reveal Edit, Restart, and Delete buttons.
EASE OF USE
- Use descriptive comments to describe your tasks in more detail.
- Restart a project at any time.
- Import and export your list in text (Markdown) format.
- Handles multiple task lists.
- Scroll animations for longer task titles.
- Portrait and landscape orientation.
- Slide Over and Split View in iOS 9 on iPad.
- Includes a tutorial and an example project.
- Offline user guide within the app.
- Dropbox integration. Backup in the cloud. Synchronize multiple devices.
- Share task lists via email or Twitter.
- Open Markdown-formatted text files in other apps.
- Print task lists via AirPrint.
- Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
- No ads.
TaskRoll on Twitter: @TaskRoll
Each task roll now has a circular progress indicator as well as an item counter. On iPad, the progress indicator is more prominent as it is shown next to the task tile. There is also a new switch in the settings to configure the item counter to be a countdown-counter.
Scroll-animated text now uses a narrower font; it uses half the compression factor that is set as a limit for non-animated text.
New: Font settings are previewed live within the settings view. Two example texts are shown: an animated task title and a static one at maximum compression.
Added a "Reduce Motion" setting to constrain the startup animation.
Minimum system requirement is now iOS 8. Tested on iOS 9 and 10.
Please help: You may like to share anonymous statistics by enabling: Settings (the app) > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > Share With App Developers. Thank you!
TaskRoll will not prompt you for a review. Nevertheless, if you enjoy using the app, please make it your next task to leave an "orderly" review. To get to the App Store, you can use the "Rate It" item in the menu from within TaskRoll.
Ratings and Reviews
Lovely. Simple. And I feel like I'm playing
I am easily discouraged by complicated todo apps, verfied by the buckets of them that have been downloaded, some paid for, and then lay deleted wherever deleted but not really apps go.
Task Roll is simple to learn to use (no learning curve to speak of), and no extra visual around to freak me out that I'm not accomplishing enough. Looking forward to trying the use again feature next time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.