TaskCat Plus - The Fastest To-Do / GTD / Task Manager
User friendly & streamlined to-do list app that will actually help you get things done.
Fast swiping task list with no menus or sub-menus. Just add, go about your day, cross it out, and pick a new task to do. Also keep your lists in-style with customizable backgrounds.
Have secure information?
Password protect your lists & identify intruders.
If someone enters the wrong pin, their picture gets taken and stored securely.
Backup your lists on iCloud and easily recover them onto all your iOS devices.
- Intuitive Gesture Based Interface
- Easily share tasks to the “Today List”
- Use multiple devices with iCloud Backup
- Fluid Navigation
- Swipe to cross out
- Delete a single task
- Quick entry of new tasks
- Uncross by swipe
- Move tasks to different lists
- Change and customize the backgrounds
- Easily touch and drag reorder tasks
- App Badge on the Home Screen
- Quickly recycle a list for reuse
- Attach a photo with your task.
- Highlight important tasks.
- Password protected lock screen takes a photo of the intruder automatically.
- Hold the right Arrow to jump to the last page (Red)
- Hold the left Arrow to jump to the first page (Today)
- Tap the arrows to move between pages, instead of swipe
- Double/Triple tapping an arrow will move multiple pages
- Tap title to change it
- Quickly reorder within a list using grip bars
- Lock a page by using the gears and entering a pass-code
- Insert into a list using the (+) in the modify dialog
- Tap left circle of an item to quickly share it with today
- Hold colored arrow on today to jump to originating page
- You can jump to the last page by holding the right arrow
- Also, you can jump to the today page by holding left arrow
Real User Reviews:
“A great to-do/list app that is not only nice graphically, but also very functional and handy to use.” – Momma Rainw
“Great app. Simple to use. I uninstalled 2 for this one. Overall very good”- BigHosssBenji
“The only “list” type app I’ve downloaded and actually found useful”- TracyL
Updated for iPhoneX and iOS11
Ratings and Reviews
3 yrs old - look elsewhere
2017 Update: No updates for over 3 years? Time to look elsewhere. This app will be dead in 1-2 years.
I drop it from "6" Stars to "2.5".
I suspect the app has been abandoned. Don't spend your money.
TaskCat Pro takes the already excellent TaskCat app and adds 6 or 7 bonus features, which extend the app's usefulness. Examples include: iCloud syncing among different devices, ability to priority code items within an individual master list, ability to embellish your entries with photos if you wish (nice touch!), more wallpaper options, upgraded password protection functionality, and a slightly tighter/faster interface.
I should finish by saying that these bonus features are nice but aren't absolutely necessary (for everyone). This is actually a compliment to the TaskCat developers -- i.e. they haven't made the original TaskCat obsolete, just to make more money.
This app is one of my very favorite task managers. And I've tried dozens of them. I really like the rarely seen side-scrolling "Master Lists' items to Today List" form of task management. It mirrors how I used to (and continue to) sometimes organize my work load on paper.
I bought this second version just so I can have two TaskCat apps on my homepage! I love this app's format that much.
Also, buying the "plus" version supports the developers, which I certainly wish to do.
The Original Review (2013):
This app offers the rarely seen, but highly effective side-scrolling approach to managing task lists. It also encourages the "transposition of master-list items onto the today-list approach" of task management that is second to none, IMO, as far as speed and efficiency are concerned.
UPDATE: (from 2013, to my original TaskCat review): I'm very pleased. It looks like my request for the ability to custom-sequence the master lists' colors/wallpapers was implemented! Yea! [I prefer to reverse the default spectrum of colors from violet to red to red to violet -- putting more "urgent" (red, orange, yellow) items closer to the Today/Action List (since these colors are accessed more frequently in daily use).]
... Thanks goes out to the developers who continue to improve the app with slight tweaks every so often.
Works great and so easy!
Love that you can hit a button and send it to iCloud or your email. My iPhone (in settings) say it won't work after next update so I hope they update the app!
Cute Task Lists but has minor bugs
Very cute backgrounds and easy to use but if you edit an existing task and save it, the font gets huge and there is no way to change the font size back to normal. I end up having to delete the task and recreate it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.