◉ "The Best TaskPaper app for iOS" — Macdrifter
◉ "Excellent Task Manager"— Cult of Mac
◉ “Taskmator, a powerful TaskPaper client for iPhone and iPad, has received full Reminders Integration” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
◉ "Taskmator is really neat and great" —Merlin Mann
◉ "I love using the TaskPaper format, with TaskPaper on Mac and Taskmator on iOS" —Brett Terpstra
Taskmator ( Successor of renowned task management app called TaskPaper ) takes full advantage of iOS technologies, gives you speedy, powerful tools that let you more productive.
Apple Reminders Integration
• Set/Add Taskmator items with due date in Reminders app from Taskmator
• Change due date of Taskmator items in Reminders app from Taskmator
• Delete Taskmator items in Reminders app from Taskmator
• Sync items across your Apple devices (including Apple Watch) via Apple Reminders app and iCloud Settings
• Access "Today Widget" extension on your iOS device for Taskmator's item and mark the item as done'
• Set/change/delete notifications using swipe gesture method OR using action menu OR using tag method.
• Sync notifications across iOS devices using Tag method
• Work on notifications from any text editor.
• Set notifications to each item (Project, Task, or Note) in a file.
• Support App Badge Number. Badge number works for both number of undone items and for active local notifications
Live Search with Saved Filters
• Powerful search and filtering using Live search method
• Add Saved Filter using blue search button on iOS keyboard
• Delete Saved Filters
• Edit the content of saved filters.
• Give a name to a saved filter
• Sync saved filter automatically using iCloud
• Dropbox sync folder is customizable, so you can easily edit your documents with multiple apps
• Customize extended keyboard keys, themes, fonts, icons, tags, file extensions, extended keyboard font to create your own environment
• Touch ID/ Face ID support.
• Document Picker Support.
• Syncs perfectly with TaskPaper for Mac using Dropbox Sync V2. Sync to any custom dropbox folder.
• Custom Task Symbol.
• Colored Tags, Tags Suggestion, Links Detections.
• Print using custom task symbol. Custom Print option available.
• Type your lists into Taskmator and each line is formatted into a Project, Task, or Note
• Full Screen Mode
• Tint Color
• Organize notes, tasks, or projects by tags
• Support outlining, trees, lists structure, etc.
• Night Mode Keyboard option with night mode status bar.
• Statistics: Word count, Characters count, Paragraph count, Number of projects count, Number of tasks count, Number of completed projects count, Total number of completed tasks count
• Option to hide and unhide status bar of iOS device
• Review all your projects to keep them up-to-date and make sure nothing slips through the cracks using "Go to Project.." feature
• Support sub-folders, sub-notes, sub-tasks
• Support one tap re-usability of file. In just one tap and hold gesture you can re-use a file.
• Sort notes, projects, tasks into Name, Date created, Date modified, etc.
• Updated help docs
• Approx 150 beautiful fonts are available.
Contact me via email email@example.com if you have any questions.
• Removed Tip Jar.
• Bug fixes and enhancements for Touch ID/ Face ID.
• General bug fixes and enhancements.
Please let me know if you have any questions/ suggestions related to Taskmator. Please support the app if you like it.
Have a wonderful time ahead!
Ratings and Reviews
One of a few indispensable iOS apps
I was slow to accept TaskMator because of its visual paradigm. When I make a task list on paper, each item has a check box and I check that when it’s done. If I strike through the task, it means I decided against it - decided the task wasn’t a priority. TaskMator, like other TaskPaper apps, strikes through completed tasks, which makes less sense to me and makes my record of completed work harder to read.
TaskMator just works so well that it won me over anyway. It’s simple, easy, reliable, synchronized across all my devices, and the tagging mechanism makes it easy to filter my lists to see what I want - quicker and easier in most cases than a “real database” app. I use TaskMator not just for task tracking, but for other lists like groceries, packing lists, and items I am collecting. It’s one of my most-used apps.
Crashed over issues with Dropbox
I couldn’t get this to run without crashing. Reinstallation didn’t help. Gave up for a while.
Very difficult and s l o w to get support. Author uses Facebook as support contact; yuck; I prefer not yo go there. Finally got a message from dev via developer response on App Store so I tried app again.
This time I manually deleted all associated folders on Dropbox and created new ones, and pointed the app ther after reauthorizing DB access. Now it works. Still not happy with support options though. Using it in iOS 11 on iPhone 8+.
I am glad app is working for you now. Please contact me if you have any further questions. JUST AN UPDATE: Issue is fixed in the latest 3.9994 App Store version. Please update to the latest App Store version of Taskmator on your iOS devices.
Plain Text Is Best, but It Needs iCloud
This is a really well reviewed app. I've read tons of good things about it. Problem is I find it disappointing to use. I know there is a manual, but I know taskpaper's format by heart. I just doesn't flow for me. The real pain is the lack of iCloud support (the days of DropBox ubiquity are over).
Still, the integration with Reminders is impressive. The swipe to complete is a great idea. The best part is that it's all plain text at the core; you're never locked into the app.
All in all, I have high hopes for the future. I'm looking forward to see what comes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.