◉ "The Best TaskPaper app for iOS" — Macdrifter
◉ "Excellent Task Manager"— Cult of Mac
◉ “Taskmator, a powerful TaskPaper client for iPhone and iPad, has received full Reminders Integration” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
◉ "Taskmator is really neat and great" —Merlin Mann
◉ "I love using the TaskPaper format, with TaskPaper on Mac and Taskmator on iOS" —Brett Terpstra
Taskmator ( Next-Generation of renowned task management app called TaskPaper ) takes full advantage of iOS technologies, gives you speedy, powerful tools that let you more productive.
• Based on the open source code of TaskPaper for iOS.
• Type your lists into Taskmator and each line is quickly formatted into a Project, Task, or Note.
• Apple Reminders Integration.
• Files App Integration.
• Local Notifications.
• Live Search with Saved Filters.
• Dropbox Sync.
• Touch ID/ Face ID support.
• Document Picker Support.
• Custom Task Symbol.
• Colored Tags, Tags Suggestion, Links Detections, Tag Formatting.
• Print with custom task symbol.
• Full Screen Mode. Scroll Headings to have more space.
• Organize notes, tasks, or projects by tags.
• Support outlining, trees, lists structure, etc.
• Live Collaboration with your team members.
• Review all your projects to keep them up-to-date and make sure nothing slips through the cracks using "Go to Project.." feature.
• URL Schemes.
• Customize extended keyboard keys, themes, dark mode, fonts, colors.
• Approx. 150 beautiful fonts are available.
• Scroll Heading options in Advanced Settings (default is OFF). When enabled the document title will scroll up with the text body for a little more screen space. Useful mainly on iPad for cloud service provider (dropbox, icloud, box, etc.) files.
• UI Enhancements for iPhones.
• Help Docs Updated.
• General bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
One of a few indispensable iOS apps
I was slow to accept TaskMator because of its visual paradigm. When I make a task list on paper, each item has a check box and I check that when it’s done. If I strike through the task, it means I decided against it - decided the task wasn’t a priority. TaskMator, like other TaskPaper apps, strikes through completed tasks, which makes less sense to me and makes my record of completed work harder to read.
TaskMator just works so well that it won me over anyway. It’s simple, easy, reliable, synchronized across all my devices, and the tagging mechanism makes it easy to filter my lists to see what I want - quicker and easier in most cases than a “real database” app. I use TaskMator not just for task tracking, but for other lists like groceries, packing lists, and items I am collecting. It’s one of my most-used apps.
Crashed over issues with Dropbox
I couldn’t get this to run without crashing. Reinstallation didn’t help. Gave up for a while.
Very difficult and s l o w to get support. Author uses Facebook as support contact; yuck; I prefer not yo go there. Finally got a message from dev via developer response on App Store so I tried app again.
This time I manually deleted all associated folders on Dropbox and created new ones, and pointed the app ther after reauthorizing DB access. Now it works. Still not happy with support options though. Using it in iOS 11 on iPhone 8+.
Developer Response ,
I am glad app is working for you now. Please contact me if you have any further questions. JUST AN UPDATE: Issue is fixed in the latest 3.9994 App Store version. Please update to the latest App Store version of Taskmator on your iOS devices.
Plain Text Is Best, but It Needs iCloud
This is a really well reviewed app. I've read tons of good things about it. Problem is I find it disappointing to use. I know there is a manual, but I know taskpaper's format by heart. I just doesn't flow for me. The real pain is the lack of iCloud support (the days of DropBox ubiquity are over).
Still, the integration with Reminders is impressive. The swipe to complete is a great idea. The best part is that it's all plain text at the core; you're never locked into the app.
All in all, I have high hopes for the future. I'm looking forward to see what comes.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.