TaskPaper – Plain text to-do lists
By Hog Bay Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Make lists and get organized. TaskPaper is a plain text to-do list that’s surprisingly adept. Thoroughly modernized. TaskPaper 3.5 is all new, while still retaining the same plain text design that’s been getting things done since 2006.
Buy now to make lists and get organized!
• Plain text files; edit anywhere
• Type and your lists are auto formatted
• Organize projects:, - tasks, notes, and @tags
• Filter your lists by @tag, type, or content
• Fold, focus, and filter to make big lists small
• Fast keyboard navigation & commands
• Drag and drop to organize your lists
• Manage dates and times in plain text
• Import/Export with Reminders app (Siri)
• Active support community ready to help
• LESS/CSS powered stylesheets for theming
What's New in Version 3.6.2
• Item > Move to Project no longer moves the selection along with the moved project
• When moving items in a filtered view don't reveal hidden items when performing the move
• Fixed Pasting page break character no longer crashes TaskPaper
• Fixed Clicking file links in Mac App Store version new reveals files in Finder
• Fixed Edit > Selection > Select Sentence to not select the trailing newline after the sentence
• Fixed unwanted scrolling that could occur when (Shift-Tab) moving items to the left
• Fixed no longer autocomplete when inserting `@` within existing words
Help support me and TaskPaper by leaving a review or rating.
Elegant and powerful ...
There’s no question that TaskPaper is the most clean-lined and elegant task management solution on the Mac … but the cool and surprising thing is, it’s also the most powerful. The app’s scripting and theming options give it a level of flexibility and customization that no other tastk manager can match, and the plain-text file format means that your data can also be accessed by a viarity of other programs. I can do as much or little of that customization as I like, depending on my needs, but the real beauty here is that the underlying fundamentals are so fast and unobtrusive. Listing and managing tasks becomes a quick and integral part of my overall process, rather than an end in itself.
It does take a bit of a paradigm shift to think of task management that doesn’t involve filling in forms and checking endless boxes, but moving past all that quickly becomes a real breath of fresh air, and a far better way of actually getting things accomplished. And to top it off, the develiper is extraordinarily responsive and helpful.
Love it, but miss the older and simpler version.
TaskPaper is the best, hands down. But when the old version ceased to be compatible with my MacOS and I was forced to upgrade I was sad. The new version has too many bells and whistles and has lost some of the simple pencil-and-paper feel. Personally, I would love to see the new version have a retro theme! Regardless, the app gets 5 stars from me because it’s that essential to my productivity flow.