Tawla (Backgammon game - Arabian Style)
By TAYA IT
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Now Tawla supports French, German and Italian ***
*** Live the authentic oriental experience with “Tawla” backgammon!!!
Tawla means "backgammon" in Arabic, it’s an easy-to-use application designed by oriental art experts, to revive the authentic experience of playing backgammon, with one of a kind rolling dice.
- In French, German and Italian.
- iOS 7 ready .
Tawla gives its players the chance, to spring up their backgammon skills against its AI opponents or any of your friends sharing one device. The AI player won’t cheat, but definitely will challenge your strategy under progressive levels of game difficulty.
- Stunning board with authentic oriental designs.
- Dice have a very natural feeling (shake dice and throw).
- Player Vs. player on the same device.
- 3 AI skill levels:
- ‘Toss' - to pick who goes first in the game.
- Pick your starting color when playing against the computer.
- Ability to resume the game.
- Undo move from last dice roll.
- Game Center support.
Enjoy playing Tawla and feel free to share your ideas with us!
What's New in Version 2.2
Support of multiple languages: French, German and Italian.
iOS 7 ready .
Random Bug Fixes.
Refreshingly NOT rigged
Just bought this app and played several matches already. It is visually stunning quite enjoyable specially at level "hard." The dice seems to be genuinely random which is refreshing after having gone through many rigged apps. Only thing I would fault is the speed by which the opponent's checkers are moved - it's too fast and can't be easily
noticed. Also, the dice gets stuck sometime and I have to click several times to get it rolled. If these glitches gets resolved I'd say this the best game around!
Very pretty. The gameplay is great, it is smooth and visually appealing.
The dice are very small, they roll very fast and can be difficult to read, I seemed to lose them often. It does give a roll to determine who starts. That's nice.
The AI move very fast. It is difficult to follow, but after a while fairly easy to anticipate where it would move, so easier to follow the moves. AI does get an inordinate amount of doubles.
Three requests for future updates:
1. Larger dice, not gigantic, but larger.
2. Fix the doubles algorithm. If AI gets 10, I should get more than 2. Seriously, fair is fair, or don't make it so blatant that AI has to cheat to win.
3. Give me the option to mute the game sounds without having to mute my entire device and play my music if I want
Thanks. Fix and this is a five star app. I will not hesitate to come back and revise my review. Nice app,
The Best & Prettiest Backgammon
So many back gammon games with so many flaws! Tawla lets you set up matches against the computer and continue with the same settings after a match ends. The board and pips are pretty. Medium difficulty is fine for me. It took me a while to cull through the other backgammon apps, all of them disappointing, until I found Tawla. My favorite!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 28, 2014
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 43.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian
- Seller: TAYA IT
- © 2010 Taya IT
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.